Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cannot create executables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cannot create executables Post 33909 by RTM on Thursday 23rd of January 2003 02:23:19 PM
Old 01-23-2003
The second link was to show that this problem occurs in other OSs. SCO does not use RPM.

The suggestion from
pcunix.com may help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding shell scripts to executables

Hi, I have written a shell script for automating some of our repetitive activities. I want all my colleagues to use my script and do the activities automatically by just running the script. But I do not want them to see the code. Is there a way we can generate something like an executable... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokachari
16 Replies

3. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

5. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

6. Linux

Fortran Compiler cannot create executables

Hello everyone, I am trying to re-install quantum espresso-4.3 on the University's LINUX interface (because of a recent crash and I lost most of my files). when I " ./configure ", It is giving an error stating that : checking building system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu checking... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physicslad78
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile with multiple executables

CROSS_COMPILE?= LIBDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/lib INCDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/include BINDIR?=../../bin CFLAGS+= -Wall -I$(INCDIR_APP_LOADER) -D__DEBUG -O2 -mtune=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -std=gnu99 LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBDIR_APP_LOADER) -lprussdrv -lpthread OBJDIR=obj... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Gcc cannot create executables

https://www.unix.com/302461112-post1.html Thank you. It's still in Linux Mint 17 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)