Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: serial communication
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers serial communication Post 33907 by RTM on Thursday 23rd of January 2003 01:50:46 PM
Old 01-23-2003
This might help - artm-friends.at - train

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial port communication

We're running SCO Unix Openserver 5.05 and I'm having trouble with serial communication between the com2 serial port and a handheld device. Downloading data from Unix to the handheld works perfectly, but the other way around creates a major problem. I don't know whether it's a buffer overflow or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aretha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Serial Communication in UNIX

Hi, I am working on serial communication on Unix. Can anyone guide me through it. The steps required for RS 232 communication and can i do serial communication even if i dont have super user previledges. Thankx, Vicky (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vicky
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ip communication through serial connection

I have serial modem connection between two computers. We have to login the remote computer through ip address. How can I get the ip address in this connection? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
1 Replies

4. Programming

problem while having a communication with serial port?????

hello, I am gettin problem while sending and recieving data through seial port... when I am sending Data then the reciever end is not able to recieve that data ..... Reciever end is running in infinite loop just polling after some time to check that there is data on the port and then again... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
9 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Serial Communication from shell Mac OS X PHP script

Hi again, I spoke with Keyspan and they assured me the USB to Serial device was working if I could use the Screen tool. I asked why I was unable to redirect stdin/stdout to and from the /dev/tty. device and was told there was no reason I shouldn't be able to do so. I have tried: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpfogarty
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interprocess Communication

Hiya Everybody just joined, Not sure if this is the right section:o I require abit of an assistance with IPC! I know there are different types of IPC porcesses like signals, semaphores, mutexes, shared memory, message queues, pipes and sockets. Now say a system has a number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.I.Joe
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 9.04 Serial application to telnet to serial device

Hello! I am working on an application which reads environmental instruments which have serial ports. The application requires a serial port to be present to talk to the device (i.e. /dev/ttyS0 ). In some instances the environmental devices will be 100's of yards away from the computer, so a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvona
5 Replies

8. Programming

Serial communication failing

edit: never mind; mods please delete. I finally got so frustrated I figured it couldn't be the code and it must be the device on the other end. After pulling it out of its cradle, I realized it was a different model number than the one I was using before, and wasn't accepting my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Serial standard communication (stty)

Hello friends, I am trying to communicate with a programmer memory from Unix (HP-UX) via serial port. Well, I have some code ready stty parameters to achieve communicating the device with the computer, but I have my doubts. I would like to know if you have some code fragment where you use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monttanna
5 Replies
OPENBVE(6)							   Games Manual 							OPENBVE(6)

NAME
OpenBVE - train/railway simulator and game SYNOPSIS
openbve [/route=route.csv] [/train=directory] [/controls|/newgame|/options|/review] DESCRIPTION
OpenBVE is a realistic rail simulator. The driving simulation is restricted to following a pre-determined loaded route, with the focus being on the realism of the train driving experience. OpenBVE also has an Arcade mode where driving style and timetable-keeping affect a running score. The simulator is backwards compatible with existing 'BVE Trainsim' route and train datafiles, which are readily available for no cost. It is cross-platform using CLI and Mono. GETTING STARTED
To move the train, you need to do the following (with the default keyboard settings): f Move the reverser to the forwards position. (Opposite is v). , Release the brake one notch; will be required 4-8 times before movement. (Opposite is .). z Increase the regulator (power) one notch; may be required 1-2 times before movement. (Opposite is q). The major controls keys are arranged closely together q-a-z for power control; ,-. (comma and full-stop) for braking and f-v for for- wards/backwards direction. Some electric trains have a combined accelerator+brake with a coast (neutral) in the centre. This is con- trolled with just the q-a-z combination (and forwards/backwards). Pressing the a key moves the controller one notch closer to the coast/idle positioh, regardless of whether in power or braking mode. Return/Shift-Return operate the horn. Keys F1-F5 select alternative camera angles. C-r unlocks the camera to allow free movement (r to reset). A large number of other keys exist for interacting with complex signalling systems and operating the passenger doors whilst in a station. Most routes have a supplied timetable that can be displayed by pressing C-t. LAPTOPS
For laptops/notebooks, there is an alternate keyboard mapping (called "Default keyboard assignment for Notebooks.controls"), which can be imported via the Customise Controls tab. The basic keys are the same, but camera controls are moved off the numeric keypad. OPTIONS
/controls Show Customise Controls screen; keyboard/mouse/joystick selection. /newgame Show Filemanager/route selector screen; choose activity (default). /options Show Options screen; display and quality settings. /review Show Review performance; score and incident log from previous activity. /route=someroute.csv Path to the file with the route file ending .csv or .rw which describes the track, scenery and time-table. /train=train.dat A train/cab. This should be a path to the directory, which contains the train.dat description for the locomotive, train or cab. DATAFILES
Two elements are required, a route, and a train (often just a cab view and performance metrics). These can be selected using the fileman- ager after OpenBVE is started. Most routes have a corresponding recommended train (for instance a particular model of Tube train on the London Underground); if this train is located it will be selected by default. FILES
~/.config/OpenBve/ Saved keyboard configuration, display settings and score log. /usr/share/games/bve/Train/ Default location for packaged train directories (containing train.dat). /usr/share/games/bve/Railway/Route/ Default location for packaged railway route .csv files. /usr/shares/games/openbve/data/ Data used by OpenBVE to start up. AUTHOR
OpenBVE was written by Michelle Boucquemont <reschanger@gmail.com> and placed in the public domain. This manual page was written for Debian/Ubuntu by Paul Sladen <ubuntu@paul.sladen.org> SEE ALSO
Website: http://trainsimframework.org/ OpenBVE 5 April 2009 OPENBVE(6)