Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cannot create executables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cannot create executables Post 33901 by RTM on Thursday 23rd of January 2003 11:55:50 AM
Old 01-23-2003
Try this suggestion - it seems to be the one that is listed the most as a fix ( adding the development libraries) - Sco - gcc

(seems to be done in all versions of OS) -
faqchest.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding shell scripts to executables

Hi, I have written a shell script for automating some of our repetitive activities. I want all my colleagues to use my script and do the activities automatically by just running the script. But I do not want them to see the code. Is there a way we can generate something like an executable... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokachari
16 Replies

3. HP-UX

gcc error..compiler cannot create executables

Hi I have locally compiled and installed gcc-4.1.2 in directory /usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc I want to compile beecrypt using this new compiler , So i have done setenv CC usr/local/pkg/gcc/4.1.2/bin/gcc ( Note this configuration is running properly with older version of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

5. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

6. Linux

Fortran Compiler cannot create executables

Hello everyone, I am trying to re-install quantum espresso-4.3 on the University's LINUX interface (because of a recent crash and I lost most of my files). when I " ./configure ", It is giving an error stating that : checking building system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu checking... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physicslad78
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile with multiple executables

CROSS_COMPILE?= LIBDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/lib INCDIR_APP_LOADER?=../../../../app_loader/include BINDIR?=../../bin CFLAGS+= -Wall -I$(INCDIR_APP_LOADER) -D__DEBUG -O2 -mtune=cortex-a8 -march=armv7-a -std=gnu99 LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBDIR_APP_LOADER) -lprussdrv -lpthread OBJDIR=obj... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Gcc cannot create executables

https://www.unix.com/302461112-post1.html Thank you. It's still in Linux Mint 17 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
BINFMT.D(5)							     binfmt.d							       BINFMT.D(5)

NAME
binfmt.d - Configure additional binary formats for executables at boot SYNOPSIS
/etc/binfmt.d/*.conf /run/binfmt.d/*.conf /usr/lib/binfmt.d/*.conf DESCRIPTION
At boot, systemd-binfmt.service(8) reads configuration files from the above directories to register in the kernel additional binary formats for executables. CONFIGURATION FORMAT
Each file contains a list of binfmt_misc kernel binary format rules. Consult binfmt_misc.txt[1] for more information on registration of additional binary formats and how to write rules. Empty lines and lines beginning with ; and # are ignored. Note that this means you may not use ; and # as delimiter in binary format rules. Each configuration file shall be named in the style of program.conf. Files in /etc/ override files with the same name in /usr/lib/ and /run/. Files in /run/ override files with the same name in /usr/lib/. Packages should install their configuration files in /usr/lib/, files in /etc/ are reserved for the local administrator, who may use this logic to override the configuration files installed from vendor packages. All files are sorted by their filename in lexicographic order, regardless of which of the directories they reside in. If multiple files specify the same binary type name, the entry in the file with the lexicographically latest name will be applied. If the administrator wants to disable a configuration file supplied by the vendor, the recommended way is to place a symlink to /dev/null in /etc/binfmt.d/ bearing the same filename. EXAMPLE
Example 1. /etc/binfmt.d/wine.conf example: # Start WINE on Windows executables :DOSWin:M::MZ::/usr/bin/wine: SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-binfmt.service(8), systemd-delta(1), wine(8) NOTES
1. binfmt_misc.txt https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/binfmt_misc.txt systemd 208 BINFMT.D(5)