Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: c++ calling main() function
Top Forums Programming c++ calling main() function Post 33886 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 22nd of January 2003 05:32:43 PM
Old 01-22-2003
i see. so i actually should create a seperate function that is identical to main() to allow the user to restart? anyhow, thank you very much for the responce!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling subscript but sleep halts the main script

Ok, I have written a main script which checks a directory contents every 30 secs then sleeps. The subscript does a usermod, if the user is logged on, it sleeps for 30 secs and then trys again over and over again. Here's the problem. when the subscript is called ./subscript.sh or exec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: doublejz
1 Replies

2. Programming

Return value (int) from main to calling shell

What is the sytax to return an int from C program main back to calling shell? #!/usr/bin/ksh typeset -i NO_RECS $NO_RECS=process_file # Process file is a C program that is set up to return an int from main. The #program complies with no issues, but an error is generated when the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flounder
3 Replies

3. Programming

main function

Is it possible to execute any function before main() function in C or C++. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun.viswanath
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return a value from called function to the calling function

I have two scripts. script1.sh looks -------------------------------- #!/bin/bash display() { echo "Welcome to Unix" } display ----------------------------- Script2.sh #!/bin/bash sh script1.sh //simply calling script1.sh ------------------------------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling process and going back to the main loop

hi everyone , i want to read an option and depending on the option call the program .For ex #! /bin/ksh export JAVA_HOME=/home/oracle/jdk1.6.0_20 echo " Please enter mod-modeler, dev - sqldeveloper" read choice if ; then echo ' SQL DEVELOPER IS STARTING NOW ... ' cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdev
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

main program is not calling small other programs

I am trying to understand a program in a book and this program suppose to call other programs which are in the same folder, the other programs are called 'lu' and 'add' but for some reason when it gets to the last line of each case to call these programs there is an error message saying ./rolo:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartsimpsong
2 Replies

8. Programming

Function main returning int?

H friends, As we know, a function returns a value and that value is saved somwhere. like int Sum( int x, int y ) { return x + y; } Total = Sum( 10, 20 ); The value 30 is saved in variable Total. Now the question is, what int value does the function main return, and where is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

9. AIX

Calling functions from main program from dlopened library function

Hello All, I am trying to call a function from the calling main program from a dlopened library function, below is the entire code, when I execute it it crashes with sigill. Can you guys help me out I guess I am missing out on the linker flag or something here. besides I am new to AIX and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syedtoah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Modify File Name in each function before calling another function.

I have a script which does gunzip, zip and untar. Input to the script is file name and file directory (where file is located) I am reading the input parameters as follows: FILENAME=$1 FILEDIR=$2 I have created 3 functions that are as follows: 1) gunzip file 2) unzip file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies
__BUILTIN_CONSTANT_P(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   __BUILTIN_CONSTANT_P(3)

NAME
__builtin_constant_p -- GNU extension to determine compile time constants SYNOPSIS
int __builtin_constant_p(value); DESCRIPTION
The __builtin_constant_p() is a GNU extension for determining whether a value is known to be constant at compile time. The function is closely related to the concept of ``constant folding'' used by modern optimizing compilers. If the value is known to be a compile-time constant, a value 1 is returned. If __builtin_constant_p() returns 0, the value is not a compile- time constant in the sense that gcc(1) was unable to determine whether the value is constant or not. EXAMPLES
A typical example of the use of __builtin_constant_p() involves a situation where it may be desirable to fold the computation if it involves a constant, but a function call is needed otherwise. For instance, bswap16(3) is defined in NetBSD as: #define bswap16(x) (__builtin_constant_p((x)) ? __byte_swap_u16_constant(x) : __BYTE_SWAP_U16_VARIABLE(x)) SEE ALSO
gcc(1), __builtin_object_size(3), __builtin_return_address(3) CAVEATS
This is a non-standard, compiler-specific extension. BSD
December 19, 2010 BSD