Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix map?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix map? Post 33844 by Bodhi on Tuesday 21st of January 2003 04:42:56 PM
Old 01-21-2003
Question Unix map?

There is a "Map"? of Unix and all its varients somewhere on the net. I used to have the link , but can't find it now. Anyone out there have a clue????

Quote:
Three people can take efficient care of a unix system as long as two of them are dead

A good magician never reveals his secret; the unbelievable trick
becomes simple and obvious once it is explained. So too with UNIX.

UNIX and OS/2 are operating systems.
Windows is a shell, and DOS is an boot virus.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive from UNIX Server to Windows Clients

hi all ;; I have a Tru64 UNIX machine , first i want my employees ( windows clients) to see specific directory on unix , and how can i put a unix command in a visual basic code to copy the contents of that directory to drive c in the client side who request that by clicking a push button. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command in mind map

I found this link that might be useful for a newbie to remember unix commands. It use mind map technique and summarize everything within one page. http://mind-map-you.blogspot.com/2006/12/unix-command-in-mind-map.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bani100
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How to map unix network dirver in windows

Hi, boss i have question about to how can i map the unix(solaris8) network driver in window. how to config the sorlaris system? thanks very waiting online................... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Map Unix server directory to another Unix server directory

Hi, Anybody knows how to map a particular server directory to another server directory. Both servers are unix. For example when i view the files in server A /export/home/web/doc/ , I am actually viewing the files in server B /export/home/web/doc. Have been looking for a solution for a long time.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagolo
2 Replies

6. Programming

STL map

Hi there, I am using the STL map and I print the map using: map <string, float> ngram_token_index ; map <string, float>::iterator map_iter ; //read the map ... // print the map for ( map_iter = ngram_token_index.begin() ; map_iter != ngram_token_index.end() ; map_iter++ ) cout << ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser84
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

map windows directories to unix

How to map the windows directories to unix filepath using perl scripts? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

map windows server to unix server

How to map the windows server to tenet/unix server an dget the files in the windows server to unix server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

map unix directory to Windows 2003 server

Hi, I am new unix, In the unix server we have two folders 1. /home/directory/sub1/ 2. /home/directory/sub2/ Under each sub we have some other subfolders also. Here my question is I want to create sub2(including subfolder of this) as share drive to windows 2003 server. Can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabu.ps
7 Replies

10. Programming

Map Question C++

Hello All, I am having an issue of putting a Boolean value in the maps as the 3rd parameter. Something like the following : int value; std::map<String str, int x, bool bl> where bool returns false if x>value else true. All I see in the map examples is that I can add the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mind@work
2 Replies
mren(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   mren(1)

NAME
mren - mtools utility to rename an existing DOS file SYNOPSIS
mren [-v] sourcefile targetfile OPTIONS
Specifies verbose mode. The new file name is displayed if the name supplied is invalid. DESCRIPTION
The mren command renames an existing file on a DOS file system. You can also use the mren command to rename directories. Reasonable care is taken to create a valid DOS file name. If an invalid DOS targetname is specified, the mren command changes the name and, if the -v option is specified, prompts the user to accept or reject the new name. The path component of the targetfile argument, if supplied, is ignored. That is, you cannot use the mren command to move a file from one subdirectory to another. DOS subdirectory names that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command can be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to DOS), otherwise the default is A:. Not all UNIX file names are supported in the DOS world. The mren command may have to change UNIX names to fit the DOS file name conven- tions. The following table shows some examples of file name conversions: ----------------------------------------------- UNIX name DOS name Reason for the change ----------------------------------------------- thisisatest THISISAT file name too long file.stuff FILE.STU extension too long prn.txt XRN.TXT PRN is a device name .abc X.ABC null file name hot+cold HOTXCOLD illegal character ----------------------------------------------- RESTRICTIONS
You cannot use the mren command to move a file from one subdirectory to another. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mren: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the cur- rent mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mcd(1), mtools(1) mren(1)