Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Connecting 2 linux boxes with COM Post 33839 by D-Lexy on Tuesday 21st of January 2003 03:48:10 PM
Old 01-21-2003
Connecting 2 linux boxes with COM

hi there!
I have a small, probably very dumb question. Is it possible to connect two linux boxes with each other over COM ports for terminal connection?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Connecting from Windows base OS to linux

I have a network consisting of Linux Server, Win-Nt & 95 OS. I am able to connect from Linux to Win-NT using either ftp / telnet in time. But it takes me around & more than 50 seconds to connect from Wint -Nt/95 to Linux using either ftp/telnet. My network is small & it hardly consists 20-25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

3. Linux

how to install rsh in linux boxes

Hi All, Please help me how to install and configure rsh in Linux boxes and let me know where i get this software. Thanks in advance... Regards, Sridhar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting UNIX/Linux to NTP server

Hello i want to connect my solaris & Linux boxes to ntp server i used the command /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s -b -p 8 -u <NTP-IP> and added the NTP server as server in /etc/ntp.conf please help in completing the process and verifying it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn82
1 Replies

5. Linux

running Client-Server prog on 2 LInux boxes

hi , i have 2 linux boxes with linksys wireless adapters everything is working fine.now i am trying to run client-server program written in C on these boxes but none of the box is receiving any packets. how different it is when using wireless . All these codes that i have works fine on Unix though... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phantom308
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to login into multiple linux boxes

I have requirement to login into a multiple linux boxes by running the shell script in a single linux box and to find the count of files in a specific folder in each box and log them in a log file in the box where i m runnning the script. Box names will be stored in a text file host.txt. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani2512
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help connecting linux box to Windows - winbindd problem

Hi experts - I hope you can help me. I am trying to resolve Windows host names (aka Netbios names, aka "UNC names) from a Linux box. I have added "dns wins" to the "hosts" line at /etc/nsswitch.conf, and installed samba 3.2.2 and ran "winbindd -D". Now, when I go: "wbinfo -N venus" (where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryg
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting PIC16F877A using Easypic5 via RS232 with Linux

I searched the forums for RS232 issues, but all of the results don't help me solving my problem, so I had to open new thread. This is the problem: I have PIC16F877A micro-controller and I'm programming it with Easypic5(the PIC programming device(board) from MikroElektronika) and I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ivan_vasileski
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

CVS repository connecting error in Linux 5.3

Hi Friends, I configured CVS Repository in RHEL 5.3 Server. But connecting the CVS Repository get the error like. # cvs -d:pserver:cvs@localhost:/backup/cvs/cvsrep login Logging in to :pserver:cvs@localhost:2401/backup/cvs/cvsrep CVS password: cvs : connect to :2401 failed: Connection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
0 Replies

10. Hardware

Bluetooth Dongle Pairing but Not Connecting (Linux)

I have been trying to get bluetooth working correctly on Linux for a while now. I am using two systems that are having identical issues: Linux Mint 15 64-bit & Ubuntu 13.04 32-bit. Both are using the Cinnamon desktop. I have the following bluetooth dongle: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deluge
6 Replies
aconnect(1)						      General Commands Manual						       aconnect(1)

NAME
aconnect - ALSA sequencer connection manager SYNOPSIS
aconnect [-d] [-options] sender receiver aconnect -i|-o [-options] aconnect -x DESCRIPTION
aconnect is a utility to connect and disconnect two existing ports on ALSA sequencer system. The ports with the arbitrary subscription permission, such as created by aseqview(1), can be connected to any (MIDI) device ports using aconnect. For example, to connect from port 64:0 to 65:0, run as follows: % aconnect 64:0 65:0 The connection is one-way, and the whole data to the sender port (64:0) is redirected to the receiver port (65:0). When another port (e.g. 65:1) is attached to the same sender port, the data is sent to both receiver ports. For disconnection, use -d option. % aconnect -d 64:0 65:0 The address can be given using the client's name. % aconnect External:0 Emu8000:1 Then the port 0 of the client matching with the string "External" is connected to the port 1 of the client matching with the "Emu8000". Another function of aconnect is to list the present ports on the given condition. The input ports, which may become sender ports, can be listed with -i option. % aconnect -i client 0: 'System' [type=kernel] 0 'Timer ' 1 'Announce ' client 64: 'External MIDI-0' [type=kernel] 0 'MIDI 0-0 ' Similarly, to see the output ports, use -o flag. You can remove all existing exported connections using -x option. This function is useful for terminating the ALSA drivers, because the modules with sequencer connections cannot be unloaded unless their connections are removed. OPTIONS
CONNECTION MANAGEMENT -d, --disconnect Disconnect the given subscription. -e, --exclusive Connect ports with exclusive mode. Both sender and receiver ports can be no longer connected by any other ports. -r, --real queue Convert time-stamps of event packets to the current value of the given real-time queue. This is option is, however, not so useful, since the receiver port must use (not necessarily own) the specified queue. -t, --tick queue Like -r option, but time-stamps are converted to the current value of the given tick queue. LIST PORTS -i, --input List existing input (readable) ports. This option is exclusive to -o. -o, --output List existing output (writable) ports. This option is exclusive to -i. -l, --list List the current connection status. The connected and connecting ports from/to each port are listed together. The suffix flag [ex] means the connection is exclusive. The suffix flag [real:#] and [tick:#] mean the connection includes real-time and tick conversion on the listed queue, respectively. REMOVE ALL CONNECTIONS -x, --removeall Remove all exported connections. SEE ALSO
aseqnet(1), aseqview(1) AUTHOR
Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> August 31, 2000 aconnect(1)