Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Legato Networker
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Legato Networker Post 33837 by aojmoj on Tuesday 21st of January 2003 03:29:54 PM
Old 01-21-2003
Networker

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas or Legato?

Hi guys, What product would you suggest for a hot/on-line backup with an active oracle database ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Legato networker on hp-ux

Hello, Firstable I am new on hp-ux (well long time ago) I am more aix admin.... Legato networker is the tool backup use on the hp-ux. I don't know this tool and would like to know where to find some docs or training. My first question will be : when a system (hp-ux B.11.0) is backuped on a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
8 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

restore from Legato

Hi Fellas/Ladies I havent dont any restore unix systemsand recently issue has come up that I need to restore to fridays copy. I want to restore everything to last fridays for the directory /usr/local/projects. Anyone done legato restores? Would it keep acl/permissions, symlinks etc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

networker

hi all, I have just installed networker 7.3 on my HPUX machine, licenced and ready to go, however, when I try to load/inventory/label a type using the autochanger I am getting the following error: Cannot find attribute 'operation instance' for resource 'NSR jukebox'. When I check to see what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Display

I am running legato 7.3.2. Here is my issue. I have taken over the backup duties from an employee who left the company. He was running Legato as the backup server/client of choice (I don't know much about Legato, but i am learning on the job). He has it setup to run the admin qui from the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sun EBS Networker 7.3

I am having an issue with Sun EBS Networker 7.3, (64 bit) (Sun Hardware, Solaris 9) where it expects an Oracle DB (11.5.10 with 10g Database (10.2.0.2)) size of 4294967295 bytes. The DB's get backed up anyway, but it's only happening to certain DB's. The warning messages occur at random intervals... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djembeplayer
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Legato networker 7.6

Hi ALl I have recently installed networker 7.6 on my solaris 10 host(V240). My bosses requirement was that the GUI was still availible (nwadmin). However on 7.6 there is no GUI and nwadmin does not exist. I have copied nwadmin over from the previous version of legato i had installed (6.2), and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networker upgrade

Hi Guys, we are currently upgrading our networker to a newer version on newere hardware. We are currently running networker 6.1.2 adn are upgrading to Networker 7.6sp2. I was wondering if there was a way to migrate our indexes (so that from the old version(on E450) to the new version of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

9. AIX

Networker : LUS Passthrough driver

Hi. AIX 7.1, Networker 7.6.3. My system detect all drives, but a jbconfig sent me this message : "You must install the LUS SCSI passthrough driver" I have Atape driver 12.3.9 on my AIX. Tks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Legato Networker

Hi , I have a lot of Tape device with backups from solaris sparc servers. This tape are in Legato Networker Format and now I need access and search an old backup. I know that Legato needed a Server , but this server is wrong , this down long time ago. I have a Legato Networker Server/Client... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: z0rtiz
10 Replies
S3QLLOCK(1)							       S3QL							       S3QLLOCK(1)

NAME
s3qllock - Make trees on an S3QL file system immutable SYNOPSIS
s3qllock [options] <directory> DESCRIPTION
S3QL is a file system for online data storage. Before using S3QL, make sure to consult the full documentation (rather than just the man pages which only briefly document the available userspace commands). The s3qllock command makes a directory tree in an S3QL file system immutable. Immutable trees can no longer be changed in any way whatso- ever. You can not add new files or directories and you can not change or delete existing files and directories. The only way to get rid of an immutable tree is to use the s3qlrm command. s3qllock can only be called by the user that mounted the file system and (if the file system was mounted with --allow-other or --allow-root) the root user. This limitation might be removed in the future (see issue 155). RATIONALE
Immutability is a feature designed for backups. Traditionally, backups have been made on external tape drives. Once a backup was made, the tape drive was removed and locked somewhere in a shelf. This has the great advantage that the contents of the backup are now permanently fixed. Nothing (short of physical destruction) can change or delete files in the backup. In contrast, when backing up into an online storage system like S3QL, all backups are available every time the file system is mounted. Nothing prevents a file in an old backup from being changed again later on. In the worst case, this may make your entire backup system worthless. Imagine that your system gets infected by a nasty virus that simply deletes all files it can find -- if the virus is active while the backup file system is mounted, the virus will destroy all your old backups as well! Even if the possibility of a malicious virus or trojan horse is excluded, being able to change a backup after it has been made is generally not a good idea. A common S3QL use case is to keep the file system mounted at all times and periodically create backups with rsync -a. This allows every user to recover her files from a backup without having to call the system administrator. However, this also allows every user to accidentally change or delete files in one of the old backups. Making a backup immutable protects you against all these problems. Unless you happen to run into a virus that was specifically programmed to attack S3QL file systems, backups can be neither deleted nor changed after they have been made immutable. OPTIONS
The s3qllock command accepts the following options: --debug activate debugging output --quiet be really quiet --version just print program version and exit EXIT STATUS
s3qllock returns exit code 0 if the operation succeeded and 1 if some error occurred. SEE ALSO
The S3QL homepage is at http://code.google.com/p/s3ql/. The full S3QL documentation should also be installed somewhere on your system, common locations are /usr/share/doc/s3ql or /usr/local/doc/s3ql. COPYRIGHT
2008-2011, Nikolaus Rath 1.11.1 August 27, 2014 S3QLLOCK(1)