Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Why do I have to cd into /sbin to get to ifconfig? Post 33828 by Jody on Tuesday 21st of January 2003 10:50:07 AM
Old 01-21-2003
That was it. Thanks for the help!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/sbin/getty

How can i restart the console getty without rebooting the system on HPUX 11.0 Normally it will be stated by ps -ef | grep getty console 0:00 /usr/sbin/getty console console many thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iceman_denmark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/sbin

I attempted to run a commands from directory /sbin..............it works only (as example) also: ./fdisk But I want to make simple: fdisk Can me help somebody ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

3. Solaris

WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found - Please help

WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount of /usr failed or the /usr filesystem is badly damaged. The system is being halted. Either re-install the system of boot with -b option in an attempt to recover Anyone help me on restoring this without having to reinstall. it is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
8 Replies

4. Solaris

/sbin/zonename file giving me problems

I'm trying to install the recommended patch cluster on a x86 Solaris 10 box. I get this error: ERROR: /sbin/zonename cannot be found. install_cluster for 10_x86 patch cluster not applied. Exiting. I tried touching the file and it gave a different error of: expected argument.. anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

5. Solaris

different between /sbin/init and /usr/sbin/init

root@test09 # ls -al /sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 550000 Jun 29 2002 /sbin/init root@test09 # ls -al /usr/sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 37100 Jun 29 2002 /usr/sbin/init (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userking
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

syslog: /usr/sbin/envd[1075]:

hi friends, what is the meaning of this error ? syslog: /usr/sbin/envd: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
2 Replies

7. Solaris

crontab /usr/sbin/rtc log rc=1

I noticed in my cron log file for my solaris 8 servers the rc=1. I imagine that is return code and something did not process. Does anyone know what that is, is there fix or the implications of leaving it? Thank you > CMD: && /usr/sbin/rtc -c > /dev/null 2>&1 > root 22049 c Fri Dec 19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a Prompt (PS1) Timestamp under /sbin/sh?

Hi, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get a timestamp on my Solaris root shell prompt using /sbin/sh? I'm trying to archive something in line with the following: 12:34:26 root@server # 12:34:28 root@server # 12:34:28 root@server # ls ... 12:34:30 root@server # I know there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Solarius
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for /usr/sbin/userdbset on Linux

Hello. I am currently on HPUX and migrating to Linux RHEL 6.4 This program on hpux: /usr/sbin/userdbset is puzzling me on linux. Does anyone know the equivilent program forked or used on linux. This program is mentioned in our user reset script. here is a strings of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
2 Replies

10. Programming

Find Argv[i] in /bin and /sbin

Hello all, I am currently working on a package manager in C and am at the point where I am trying to check to see if the package is already installed. To do this I am taking the package name(s) as an argument using argv. The working code for doing this as follows: #include <stdio.h> #include... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: realpath_issue
5 Replies
MKLNIM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MKLNIM(1)

NAME
mklnim - make Linux Netinstall Image SYNOPSIS
mklnim outputfile [path-to-cdrom] DESCRIPTION
mklnim is a shell script that takes a SuSE, TurboLinux or a RedHat CDROM, or equivalent disk directory, and creates a network bootable image (NBI) that can be used with Etherboot (http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/) or Netboot (http://www.han.de/~gero/netboot.html). This NBI, when booted via the network, will make the target computer behave just as if a CDROM boot (TurboLinux), or a floppy boot (RedHat and SuSE) had been selected. A conventional install can be done from this point onwards. There are several occasions when this technique is useful: 1. It can be used to quickly boot a target computer when the floppy loading is very slow. 2. In the case of TurboLinux, it loads the CDROM initial ramdisk which does not require any further floppy loading. In the case of RedHat, it only loads the floppy initial ramdisk which does not contain the material in the supplementary floppy, and may require more floppy insertion. 3. It can start the install from a floppy of any size, not just 1.4 MB, or even from a floppyless machine, if one has a boot ROM (providing no further floppy access is required). 4. It could be used as part of an automatic installation process. Naturally, all this assumes that the infrastructure for diskless booting (bootp and tftp servers) has been set up. BUGS
If supplementary floppies are required, this script doesn't include that material in the network boot image. Please feel welcome to fix this problem. SEE ALSO
Etherboot tutorial at http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
mklnim is under the GNU Public License AUTHOR
Ken Yap (ken_yap@users.sourceforge.net) DATE
Version 0.4 April 2000 25 April 2000 MKLNIM(1)