Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is your setup ??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is your setup ?? Post 33805 by Neo on Monday 20th of January 2003 11:19:55 AM
Old 01-20-2003
Linux LILO/Slackware (for 10 years now) with no X graphics, only command line and web-based management.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

setup all right ?

Hi there im new to linux. I installed mandrake linux and set up all my networkcard ip address etc. when i do "route" or "ifconfig" all addresses etc. are allright but i cant ping other machines in my network also the machine with linux on it cant be pinged if i ping a machine from linux i always... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhoenixHawk
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Filezilla Setup

Hello, I am trying to set up an ftp client server connection with my family. I have a netgear router that I am behind. Does anyone know what how I need to set up the router and filezilla to allow access to my family members? Right now I cannot even access my router admin page.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoi2hot4ya
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Printer Setup

How do you add a HP network printer on a Sun Solaris Unix box? I have the IP address of the printer. I try using the admintool tool, but am confusing about setup the printer to connect to the IP address... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racquetbal
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What Setup?

Hopefully this post won't be too long :rolleyes: I've been in data processing for a number of years running on a windows system, and working with perl and MySQL to get the job done. I'm now part of a team who have bought a company and have been asked to investigate how we setup a new Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraythorne
3 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Networking Setup

Hopefully I can explain this to get some assistance. I have a debian linux server with a single NIC and a public IP of say 1.2.3.4. I'm running a couple of VMs inside and my ISP has given me a block of IPs a /28 to utilize. That block is routed to my 1.2.3.4 IP. So each of my VMs will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mindraven
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NGINX Setup

Here is my issue: I have two web servers hosting web services (Server A and Server B) I'd like to configure NGINX to achieve load balancing. Do I install NGINX on a third new server, or is it something that gets installed on Server A and Server B? Please share some information. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Can't setup new interface.

Hi all, Currently I am running Solaris 10 update 10 machine. My current ifconfig -a output is: ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Printer Setup

Hi, I have set up an HP printer, model 2300, on an Integrity server sunning on HP-Ux B.11.31 using the Jetdirect Printer Installer For Unix, version E.10.34. This particular printer is printing the same job multiple times and I cannot figur out why that is. Is ther perhaps a flag in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koketso
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need help to setup Spacewalk

Hello, I am working onto setup a spacewalk as our centralized repository and kickstart server for our all centos servers. We have almost 60-70 servers running inhouse which all are on CentOS 5 or 6 x64. I am able to setup a spacewalk server on CentOS 6.5 x64 and able to access the console as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
5 Replies
Tk_GetGC(3)						       Tk Library Procedures						       Tk_GetGC(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetGC, Tk_FreeGC - maintain database of read-only graphics contexts SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> GC Tk_GetGC(tkwin, valueMask, valuePtr) Tk_FreeGC(display, gc) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for window in which the graphics context will be used. unsigned long valueMask (in) Mask of bits (such as GCForeground or GCStipple) indicating which fields of *valuePtr are valid. XGCValues *valuePtr (in) Pointer to structure describing the desired values for the graphics context. Display *display (in) Display for which gc was allocated. GC gc (in) X identifier for graphics context that is no longer needed. Must have been allocated by Tk_GetGC. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetGC and Tk_FreeGC manage a collection of graphics contexts being used by an application. The procedures allow graphics contexts to be shared, thereby avoiding the server overhead that would be incurred if a separate GC were created for each use. Tk_GetGC takes arguments describing the desired graphics context and returns an X identifier for a GC that fits the description. The graphics context that is returned will have default values in all of the fields not specified explicitly by valueMask and valuePtr. Tk_GetGC maintains a database of all the graphics contexts it has created. Whenever possible, a call to Tk_GetGC will return an existing graphics context rather than creating a new one. This approach can substantially reduce server overhead, so Tk_GetGC should generally be used in preference to the Xlib procedure XCreateGC, which creates a new graphics context on each call. Since the return values of Tk_GetGC are shared, callers should never modify the graphics contexts returned by Tk_GetGC. If a graphics con- text must be modified dynamically, then it should be created by calling XCreateGC instead of Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer needed, Tk_FreeGC should be called to release it. There should be exactly one call to Tk_FreeGC for each call to Tk_GetGC. When a graphics context is no longer in use anywhere (i.e. it has been freed as many times as it has been gotten) Tk_FreeGC will release it to the X server and delete it from the database. KEYWORDS
graphics context Tk Tk_GetGC(3)