Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C2 or enhanced security
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users C2 or enhanced security Post 33752 by MizzGail on Friday 17th of January 2003 02:38:44 PM
Old 01-17-2003
Question C2 or enhanced security

We are using c2 / enhanced security on digital unix.
I do not have access to the GUI.
I need to get information on login status for users. Specifically I would like to know who has not logged in within the last 6 months.

I think I can query the edauth files, but I can't find information on what codes to look for and what they mean as far as status.

Anyone know?
thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Enhanced Password Authentication

Hello; I am moving a customer from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 2.8. The customer has requested the following two requirements also be implemented: 1. Lock a user account out for X number of days after 3 unsuccessful login attempts. 2. No reuse of the last 5-10 passwords. Also referred to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Are there many UNIX server security enhanced products?

for sco, hp, or AIX...... anyway, how can I secure the UNIX system. I knew that CA has it's products for securing the UNIX server system. Please tell me more about other vender, and their products thxs! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brookwk
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

enhanced tcpdump is needed

Are there any standard programs in linux/unix like tcpdump that store packets' headers in db (Berkeley DB is preffered, including secondary db's to index stored headers by IP addesses, TCP flows, etc.), provide search in db and convert found headers to tcpdump dumpfile format? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

enhanced substitution

Dear I have a problem on which I turn araound since hours. Hope you could help me. I have a bash script, which activates with "nohup ./script2 params & " several subscripts. In my main script, I have set lot's of variables, which I would pass into script 2. My idea is now to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pramach
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convergent Enhanced Ethernet

Hi. I guess this my dummy question is for super-gurus. I'm on Red Hat' documentation regarding their RDMA capabilities over "convergent" Ethernet network. I read everything that I could find on inet, wikipedia etc. about the technology itself. I can't figure out, how can I determine if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
0 Replies

6. AIX

Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG

Hi All, I am going to perform some activity in 2Node HA Server(Active/Passive). For that i have to do some pre-requsite (ie., Resource Group VG's should be Enhanced-Concurrent) In my setup, we have two volume groups in one RG. In that one VG is Normal and another is Enhance Concurrent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Enhanced Forum Features for VIP Members

Dear All, Thank you for your support. As promised I have upgrade features for unix.com forum VIP members as follows: Who's Online Permissions Can View IP Addresses Can View Detailed Location Info for Users Can View Detailed Location Info of Users Who Visit Bad / No Permission... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
convauth(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       convauth(8)

NAME
convauth - convert security authorization databases into database format SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/convauth [-O] [-d dblist] [-q] [-r] [-u uid] [-v] [-H] FLAGS
-d dblist Specifies which databases to convert. Choose one or more of the letters d, f, p, t, or v. d - /etc/auth/system/default to /etc/auth/system/default.db f - /etc/auth/system/files to /etc/auth/system/files.db p - /tcb/files/auth/?/* to /tcb/files/auth.db and /var/tcb/files/auth.db t - /etc/auth/system/ttys to /etc/auth/system/ttys.db v - /etc/auth/system/devassign to /etc/auth/system/devassign.db If no -d option is given, the default database list is as though -d pt were specified. -q Suppresses non-error output. -r Keeps all migrated user-profile entries in /tcb/files/auth.db rather than /var/tcb/files/auth.db. -u uid Specifies the minimum general user UID. User-profile entries with uids lower than this value (default 100) are written to the /tcb/files/auth.db file, and profile entries with UIDs greater than or equal to this value are written to the /var/tcb/files/auth.db file. -v Gives more verbose messages. -O Reverts from *.db files to old-style databases. Not allowed for auth.db. -H Prints a help messages and exits with no further processing. DESCRIPTION
The convauth utility is used to convert existing ASCII system authorization database files to database format for faster access and updates. In the case of the ttys and user-profile data, this greatly improves the performance of login when using enhanced security. The convauth utility is executed by update installation scripts. EXAMPLES
The default conversion done to convert the user profiles and terminals information: # convauth The same conversion explicitly showing the default databases and general user UID assumptions: # convauth -d tp -u 100 Conversion of only the device assignment data: # convauth -d v RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: convuser(8), edauth(8), authck(8) Files: authcap(4), prpasswd(4), ttys(4), default(4), devassign(4), files(4) Security delim off convauth(8)