Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lindows vs. Microsoft
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Lindows vs. Microsoft Post 33690 by LivinFree on Wednesday 15th of January 2003 02:52:53 PM
Old 01-15-2003
Now what I'm waiting for is for someone to take all of the code that still falls under the GNU license (most of the operating system, as I see it) or another code-distributable license, and post it publicly.

According to the GNU license, you can charge for the code if you want, but then it leaves your control - the licensing party can resell or redistribute as they wish.

According to this link, they "ask" that you not redistribute, but as it pertains to specific code, I don't think they can restrict you from doing so.

Standard disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor have I consulted with someone who knows the law factually. Neither unix.com nor myself are responsible if you take this comentary as fact. If ingested, drink a Singapore Sling and contact you local poison control center.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lindows

Hello! I am new to Linux, i have just started using Mandrake. i heard about Lindows and wanted to aks if anyone of u have tried it? What do u think??? :confused: :confused: thanks jar0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jar0
1 Replies
pdb2mdb(1)						      General Commands Manual							pdb2mdb(1)

NAME
pdb2mdb - Program Database to Mono Debugging Symbol converter. SYNOPSIS
pdb2mdb pdb_file DESCRIPTION
This tool is used to convert debugging symbols generated by Microsoft's compilers into debugging symbols that can be consumed by Mono's runtime. Program Database files are files that end with the extension .pdb and are associated with a library or executable (a .dll or .exe file). This format was until recently not documented so Mono used its own file format for storing debugging information, the Mono debugging for- mat. Just like PDB files Mono Debugging information is stored in files that reside side-by-side with a program executable or a library. You can use the pdb2mdb tool to transform these PDB files into MDB files that Mono can then consume to debug programs or provide line-num- ber information for stack traces or exceptions. LICENSE
The pdb2mdb tool is released under the terms of the Microsoft Public License (MS-PL). JB Evain wrote the tool. The PDB reading support came from Microsoft Common Compiler Infrastructure. SEE ALSO
mono(1), mdb(1) WEB SITE
http://www.mono-project.com 23 April 2009 pdb2mdb(1)