Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GUI window
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GUI window Post 33611 by perleo on Sunday 12th of January 2003 03:32:06 PM
Old 01-12-2003
Java GUI window

Heres my script.

How do I put a picture in it?#util to show picture in window
#version 1.0
#-colinok

#make window with box for picture

use Tk;

my $mw = new MainWindow;

$scrollbar = $mw -> Scrollbar();
$text = $mw -> Text(-height => 20, -width => 50, -yscrollcommand => ['set' => $scrollbar]);
$scrollbar -> configure(-command => ['yview' => $text]);

$scrollbar -> pack(-side => 'right', -fill => 'y');
$text -> pack(-side => 'left', -fill => 'both');

MainLoop;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

What to use for non-X GUI??

Has anybody ever needed to make a GUI (but really old-school style like dialog) to do some menu-based configurations... quite literally I have been bashing out code in Python using an interface class to the Dialog program in Linux... but it doesn't really have all the callback menu-driven... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Emacs GUI window, help.

I'm using xming and enabled x11 tunneling. But when I try to use emacs to get the GUI window. I do get the window, but no fonts, can't click on buttons like file, edit....and when I type anything I just get the black rectangles. I get error msg in terminal.... "Warning: Cannot convert string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a GUI without GUI

I was wondering if it is possible to run a GUI window (say Firefox) without actually showing up the window on the desktop but still make it do its own regular stuff (like maybe do something via the command line). Sorry if its a dumb question. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

GUI help requir Every folder open in new Window..

I am using GUI mode in Linux & face a problem that when ever i double click on any folder it opens in new Window. I want to ask all DP members where is the option to disable this thing.. Means i want when ever i double on folder it should open in the same Window. looking for your help.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salman103
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

8. Linux

Opening a GUI from a putty window on Linux

Hi, I have a linux which I am accessing using putty.I have written some code in TCL-Tk & developed a GUI based app.I knew that it is difficult to open a GUI based app. from putty,but there must be some way to do that. If anybody knows any such workarounds kindly let me know. Shell I am using is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

9. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
TIX(3)							       Tix Built-In Commands							    TIX(3)

NAME
tixScrolledText - Create and manipulate Tix ScrolledText widgets SYNOPSIS
tixScrolledText pathName ?options? -anchor -background -cursor -relief -borderWidth WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-height height] Specifies the desired height for the window, in pixels. [-scrollbar scrollbar] Specifies the display policy of the scrollbars. The following values are recognized: auto ?+x? ?-x? ?+y? ?-y? When -scrollbar is set to "auto", the scrollbars are shown only when needed. Additional modifiers can be used to force a scrollbar to be shown or hidden. For example, "auto -y" means the horizontal scrollbar should be shown when needed but the vertical scrollbar should always be hidden; "auto +x" means the vertical scrollbar should be shown when needed but the hori- zontal scrollbar should always be shown, and so on. both Both scrollbars are shown none The scrollbars are never shown. x Only the horizontal scrollbar is shown; y Only the vertical scrollbar is shown. [-width width] Specifies the desired width for the window, in pixels. SUBWIDGETS
Name: hsb Class: Scrollbar The horizontal scrollbar subwidget. Name: text Class: Text The Text subwidget inside the ScrolledText widget. Name: vsb Class: Scrollbar The vertical scrollbar subwidget. DESCRIPTION
The tixScrolledText command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a ScrolledText widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the ScrolledText widget such as its cursor and relief. WIDGET COMMANDS
The tixScrolledText command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the ScrolledText widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? PathName is the name of the command, which is the same as the ScrolledText widget's path name. Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for ScrolledText widgets: pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledText command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledText command. pathName subwidget name ?args? When no additional arguments are given, returns the pathname of the subwidget of the specified name. When no additional arguments are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these parameters. KEYWORDS
Tix(n) Tix 4.0 TIX(3)