Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: $#
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers $# Post 335 by Astudent on Sunday 26th of November 2000 09:28:09 PM
Old 11-26-2000
In my script let's call it myfile, I want to have an option where the script changes the time format(military to standard). But to have the script change - you run the script but instead of at the command line you type: myfile,
you type myfile -r.
Now if I remember correctly I have to include:
echo $#
in my script but is that all.(# means just one argument if I remember)
Or am I missing something, also if I had a -t -w -j option would I just use:
echo $####(for 4 arguments).
Thanks.

replacekey(1)						      General Commands Manual						     replacekey(1)

NAME
replacekey - replace keywords in a FITS header SYNOPSIS
replacekey [options] <in> DESCRIPTION
replacekey is aimed at replacing keywords in a FITS file's header by new keywords provided by the user on the command-line. ALGORITHM
The user can provide a new_keyword, an old_keyword, a value and a comment. first searchs for old_keyword if provided. If it finds it, it replaces the associated card by the new one (new_keyword=value/comment). If old_keyword is either not found or not provided, associated card by the new one (new_keyword=value/comment). new_keyword has to be provided. Examples: You want to change the value of VALUE from 32 to 16 in myfile.fits: % replacekey -k "VALUE" -v "16" myfile.fits If you want to replace the card with the keyword OLD by "NEW = 3.14 / This is a usefull key" in myfile.fits: % replacekey -k "NEW" -v "3.14" -c "This is a usefull key" -K "OLD" myfile.fits If your do not care about the HISTORY cards you have in the header, and want to replace the first one by VALUE=32, you would do: % replacekey -k "VALUE" -v "32" -K "HISTORY" myfile.fits OPTIONS
-k or --key key To provide the new keyword. -K or --old key To provide the old keyword. -v or --val val To provide the new value. -c or --com com To provide the new comment. SEE ALSO
hierarch28 to convert HIERARCH ESO keywords to regular 8-char keywords. FILES
Files shall all comply with FITS format BUGS
Modifications are so far only possible in the main header, not in the extensions. 28 Oct 1999 replacekey(1)