Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: statd
Special Forums IP Networking statd Post 3349 by Optimus_P on Friday 29th of June 2001 10:48:37 AM
Old 06-29-2001
i dont have the answer for your statd problem

but there is where you can set your subnet.

Code:
(hostname):/etc # cat /etc/netmasks
#
# The netmasks file associates Internet Protocol (IP) address
# masks with IP network numbers.
#
#       network-number  netmask
#
# The term network-number refers to a number obtained from the Internet Network
# Information Center.  Currently this number is restricted to being a class
# A, B, or C network number.  In the future we should be able to support
# arbitrary network numbers per the Classless Internet Domain Routing
# guidelines.
#
# Both the network-number and the netmasks are specified in
# "decimal dot" notation, e.g:
#
#               128.32.0.0 255.255.255.0
#
10.0.0.0        255.255.255.0

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

NFS security issues with lockd and statd

We are trying to implement a NAS solution with UNIX servers and multiple networks, and I've heard that NFS has security issues with lockd and statd. The security issue as it was explained to me is that these services are subject to vulnerabilities/exploits, and that users who connect to Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onceagain
1 Replies

2. SCO

Upgrade current version of statd

Dear All, I have sco Unix release 5 and i was asked to Upgrade the current version of statd. kindly guide Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

3. AIX

statd -a can't get ip configuration

Hi, I am new in AIX. Here is a problem I have now: I've got an error in console saying: "statd -a can't get ip configuration: A file or directory in the path name does not exist." How can I troubleshoot the issue? Where should a get start from? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies
rpc.statd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      rpc.statd(8)

NAME
rpc.statd, statd - Network status monitor daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.statd [-c] OPTIONS
Available only on TruCluster Server systems. This option starts the clusterwide network status daemon, which helps provide highly available NFS service. Do not use -c directly. Highly available NFS service is configured by default and typically does not require intervention. If you do need to start the clusterwide network status daemon, use the CAA command, caa_start cluster_lockd. For more information, see the TruCluster Server Administration manual. DESCRIPTION
The rpc.statd daemon monitors the status of the client and server sites in response to a request made by the local rpc.lockd daemon. When a site failure is detected, the rpc.statd daemon notifies the local rpc.lockd daemon, which then processes the recovery of the locked files or file regions. RESTRICTIONS
The crash of a site is only detected on its recovery. FILES
A directory created by the statd daemon. Each file name in the directory is the host name of a client or server that the statd daemon will notify upon its recovery. A backup directory created by the statd daemon. A file created by the statd daemon to store its state number. SEE ALSO
Daemons: rpc.lockd(8) Files: statmon(4) rpc.statd(8)