Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users referenced symbol not found, how to solve? Post 33480 by nikk on Tuesday 7th of January 2003 04:24:14 AM
Old 01-07-2003
First of all check that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment is set properly , if it's ok also check for essential patches installation in solaris.
Rgrds,
Nikk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No screens found problem - and I cant use keybord properly to solve!!

Title explains it already. I need to solve the problem from log files. But backspace types ^H . I dont know how to delete character. How can I mend the keybord ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olddays
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

relocation error: yyparse referenced symbol not found

This is my set up: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/apps/rogue_wave_sol7/workspaces/workshop6_u1/4d/lib:/apps/fu/section20/vendorLib/EMS/4.2/lib:/home/a487891/cppunit/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/lib ldd -d TestDatalinkTradeRouter libintl.so => /usr/lib/libintl.so libw.so.1 => /usr/lib/libw.so.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agilgeous
2 Replies

4. Programming

Error: Undefined Symbol ..... First referenced in file......

Hi, I am working with Solaris 5.9 and I am newbie in Socket programming and I stated working with socket programming and I copyed a simple client & server program from a website which I am attaching with this and when I am compiling these files.I am getting the error-- Please Help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kernel debug:"Symbol file not found for *.ko"

When I debug vmlinux with gdb, after it connect to the target, I got below output: usbcore.ko: No such file or directory. Error while mapping shared library sections: ohci_hcd.ko: No such file or directory. Symbol file not found for usbcore.ko Symbol file not found for ohci_hcd.ko Symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] reassigning referenced variables in functions

Hello all, Problem. ---------- I'm trying to reassign a referenced variable passed to a 'local' variable in a function but the local variable refuses to be assigned the content of the referenced variable. Any ideas would be appreciated. Objective. ----------- Eliminate all $VAR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASGR
1 Replies

7. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl ref to hash with refs in it (how to get what's being referenced).

I have a reference to a hash that contains some references. I was just wondering if there was a more simplistic Way of dereferencing the contained references without having to assign them to another reference like this: my $href = shift; #some hash my $temp = $href->{element}; print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

help me to solve it thank you

i thought about to use the commands : wc and sort and mybe more .. i need to write a bash script that recive a list of varuables kaka pele ronaldo beckham zidane messi rivaldo gerrard platini i need the program to print the longest word of the list. word in the output appears on a separate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairpg
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash looking in different directory for file that isn't referenced in command

When I run the below bash I get the expected output, which is the sum of all matching targets less than 20 in $file1. The filename in the directory is fixed (in bold). for file1 in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/panel/reads/16-0000_EPIL70.txt ; do bname=`basename $file1` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
dlclose(3)						     Library Functions Manual							dlclose(3)

NAME
dlclose - Close a dlopen() object SYNOPSIS
#include <dlfcn.h> int dlclose(void *handle) PARAMETERS
A pointer to a global symbol object that is returned from a call to dlopen(). DESCRIPTION
The dlclose function is used to inform the system that the object referenced by a handle returned from a previous dlopen() invocation is no longer needed by the application. The use of dlclose() reflects a statement of intent on the part of the process, but does not create any requirements on the dynamic library loader, such as removal of the code or symbols referenced by handle. Once an object has been closed using dlclose(), an application should assume that its symbols are no longer available to dlsym(). All objects loaded automatically as a result of invoking dlopen() on the refer- enced object are also closed. The dlclose function deallocates the address space for the library corresponding to handle. The results are undefined if any user function continues to call a symbol resolved in the address space of a library that has since been deallocated by dlclose. The dlclose operation will not remove an object to which references have been relocated, until or unless all such references are removed. For instance, an object that had been loaded with a dlopen() operation specifying the RTLD_GLOBAL flag might provide a target for dynamic relocations performed in the processing of other objects - in such environments, an application may assume that no relocation, once made, will be undone or remade unless the object requiring the relocation has itself been removed. RETURN VALUE
If the referenced object was successfully closed, dlclose() returns 0. If the object could not be closed or if handle does not refer to an open object, dlclose() returns a non-zero value. More detailed diagnostic information will be available through dlerror(). ERRORS
No errors are defined. NOTES
The dlopen and dlclose routines might dynamically change the resolution of certain symbols referenced by a program or its shared library dependencies. The dlopen routine might resolve symbols that were previously unresolved, and dlclose might cause resolved symbols to become unresolved or to be reresolved to a different symbol definition. A portable application will employ a handle returned from a dlopen() invocation only within a given scope bracketed by the dlopen() and dlclose() operations. The dynamic library loader is free to use reference counting or other techniques such that multiple calls to dlopen() referencing the same object may return the same object for handle. The dynamic library loader is also free to re-use a handle. For these reasons, the value of a handle must be treated as an opaque object by the application, used only in calls to dlsym() and dlclose(). RELATED INFORMATION
dlerror(3), dlopen(3), dlsym(3). delim off dlclose(3)