Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Recommendations for good shell utility to resize JPGs? Post 33462 by deckard on Monday 6th of January 2003 03:45:34 PM
Old 01-06-2003
Thanks! I believe that will work for what I need. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't find my NEDIT utility after shell change

Hello, My System Admin. just switched me from KSH to BASH and something happened to my "nedit" utility! Does anyone know how to reactivate nedit by anychance? Thanks very much! BobK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there kind of good utility that convert make files to dsp?

Hello all im looking for some kind of utility that convert make files to dsp files is there any kind of tool/script that does this job? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good books on Shell Scripting

All, I am new to shell scripting. Can you guys suggest me some good books/online tutorials for shell scripting(KSH/BASH)? Thanks in advance. Janardhan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raok1997
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for good books in Shell Scripting

Hi, I am knew to Shell Scripting. Can someone please tell me some good books for Shell Scripting which explains in a very simple language and covers all the topics nicely. Thanks, Shubh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any good book for Shell Scripting ?

Hi , I am aware of basics of UNIX like general commands for files & directories. However now I have to move on to shell programming . Please suggest any good book for beginners for shell programming basics & advanced which might have some practice questions also. Thanks, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurvohra
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good site for Shell Programming

Hi unixers, :) I found some Good sites for learning Shell Programming. I Hope they will be useful to all of You. http://steve-parker.org/forum/ http://www.e-learningcenter.com/freecourses.htm similarly ,if u find any very good sites for shell programming pls post them, so that they will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help to run this utility from a shell script

I need some help to run this executable from within a shell script. The Script is run the following way at the command prompt. $rateupd Main Menu --Standard Output ----------- --Standard Output 1. - Update Rate --Standard Output 2. - Exit. --Standard Output Enter Selection: 1 --User... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeeb_d
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

good old shell ftp...how!

hi: I am trying to move files from server to server with ftp. I want the command to read a folder and upload all subdirs and files. what is the command to do this? is there something cooler than ftp? if so. how to use it? thanks again. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sendmail utility in K Shell script

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and thus any help will be highly appreciated. I need to write a K shell script where in the email sending feature should be handled by sendmail utility and I have come up with the following : #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "This is a test mailest mail" | /usr/lib/sendmail... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdiptanil
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading jpgs from a gallery type website

Can someone explain what this does step by step? I found this script on stackoverflow and want to customize it for personal use in downloading jpg images from a website. # get all pages curl 'http://domain.com/id/' -o '#1.html' # get all images grep -oh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: workisnotfun
3 Replies
WORKQUEUE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      WORKQUEUE(9)

NAME
workqueue -- simple do-it-in-thread-context framework SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/workqueue.h> int workqueue_create(struct workqueue **wqp, const char *name, void (*func)(struct work *, void *), void *arg, pri_t prio, int ipl, int flags); void workqueue_enqueue(struct workqueue *wq, struct work *wk, struct cpu_info *ci); void workqueue_destroy(struct workqueue *wq); DESCRIPTION
The workqueue utility routines are provided to defer work which is needed to be processed in a thread context. workqueue_create() creates a workqueue. It takes the following arguments: wqp Specify where to store the created workqueue. name The name of the workqueue. func The function to be called for each work. arg An argument to be passed as a second argument of func. prio The priority level for the worker threads. ipl The highest IPL at which this workqueue is used. flags The value of 0 indicates a standard create operation, however the following flags may be bitwise ORed together: WQ_MPSAFE Specifies that the workqueue is multiprocessor safe and does its own locking, otherwise the kernel lock will be held while work will be processed. WQ_PERCPU Specifies that the workqueue should have a separate queue for each CPU, thus the work could be enqueued on concrete CPUs. workqueue_enqueue() enqueues the work wk into the workqueue wq. If the WQ_PERCPU flag was set on workqueue creation, the ci argument may be used to specify the CPU on which the work should be enqueued. Also it may be NULL, then work will be enqueued on the current CPU. If WQ_PERCPU flag was not set, ci must be NULL. The enqueued work will be processed in a thread context. A work must not be enqueued again until the callback is called by the workqueue framework. workqueue_destroy() destroys a workqueue and frees associated resources. The caller should ensure that the workqueue has no work enqueued beforehand. RETURN VALUES
workqueue_create() returns 0 on success. Otherwise, it returns an errno(2). CODE REFERENCES
The workqueue subsystem is implemented within the file sys/kern/subr_workqueue.c. SEE ALSO
callout(9), condvar(9), kthread(9), softint(9) BSD
October 24, 2011 BSD