Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text-based internet browser?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Text-based internet browser? Post 33431 by choasforages on Monday 6th of January 2003 06:40:13 AM
Old 01-06-2003
along with lynx, links is another great textbased browser

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connect to a remote account using a text browser.....

is it possible to coonect to a remote account using a text browser without the use of ftp... but using the httpd address. to be more precise is there any way to directly connect throught ssh in the text browser itself.. (using a lynx elinks browser). moxxx68 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host based ssh through a web browser

I'm looking for some sort of provider that I can connect to through a browser and subsequently open an ssh connection to another host. client based applet type solutions are blocked by firewall (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtybrown
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to open the specified url in a browser from a text file

Hi All, here i am struc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

I am having issue dispalying text file in browser using perl. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl print "content-type: text/html \n\n"; open (FH , "access.log") || die "Blah $!"; while (<FH>) { print $_ ; } I have correct permissions and everything. The weired thing is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

Don't know why this didn't get posted before but... I am having issues displaying a log file in the browser using perl and I can't get it to display at all, All i get is WHITE (blank page). I have proper permissions in my cgi-bin directory and everywhere else. So I know that's NOT the issue. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

6. Web Development

Add HTML Based on Browser Width (Firefox)

Here is a bit of code I wrote that includes some HTML (table and image code) based on the width of the browser. It works in Firefox. I am not sure if it works for IE. (Need to test.) <script type="text/javascript"><!-- var winWidth = window.innerWidth; if (winWidth > 750) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
gt5(1)							      General Commands Manual							    gt5(1)

NAME
gt5 - a diff-capable 'du-browser' SYNOPSIS
gt5 [ dir | file | dir file | file file2 ] [options] DESCRIPTION
gt5 reads the output of du, compares it with a du-log saved by the last run, converts it into HTML and opens the resulting file with a textbrowser. If files are given on the commandline they are expected to be (optionally gzip/bzip2-compressed) logfiles of du -akx /some/dir. It is up to you to take care that the given directories/files represent the same directory. gt5 will show lots of new files if you don't. ;-) OPTIONS
--cut-at float Files and directories that are below float percent of their parents are not shown. Default is 0.1, gt5 will accept values between 0.01 and 30. --debug Turn on debug. Generate HTML files and do not run browser. --diff-dir directory Use directory instead of ~/.gt5-diffs/ to read/store du-logs. This switch is ignored if gt5 is only used with files. --discard Do not save the current state, in other words: be able to diff against the old state again. This feature is disabled if gt5 is only used with files. --help Display brief help. --link-files Also insert links to files to access them from within gt5. This can be very handy if your browser is configured to handle the files MIME-type correctly. This feature is disabled if gt5 is only used with files. --max-depth int Do not show anything below a depth of int directories. Default is 5 (also see BUGS below). --max-lines int Only consider the int biggest files and directories within the output of du. --no-diffs Use this if you are not interested in the history of the directories processed, for example in /tmp. --save-as file DEPRECATED, use du -akx or du -ak (see --with-mounts), save the output to a file and run gt5 against one (ore two) of these files later. --save-state Force saving current state, overwriting a previous --discard. (Some people seem to have gt5 aliased to 'gt5 --discard'.) --verbose Display messages. --with-mounts By default gt5 calls du with -akx to ignore mounted filesystems. Use this to inspect mounted partitions too, i.e. call du with -ak HELPERS
If gawk or a textbrowser are missing and you want to install them into ~/bin (or /usr/local/bin if you have write access there), gt5 comes with the following helpers: --get-gawk Download, compile and install a copy of gawk. --get-links Download, compile and install a copy of links. --get-links2 Download, compile and install a copy of links2. --get-elinks Download, compile and install a copy of elinks. TEXTBROWSERS
It is recommended to use links with gt5. Other textbrowsers are also possible but there are several good reasons why links is given prior- ity over the others: elinks: links is much faster on startup/exit lynx: does not honor a documents coloring netrik: no colors, unfavourable cursor navigation retawq: no colors, can't handle <a name>-tags w3m: Version 0.5.2 and later are known to work. Older versions experienced unfavourable handling of <a name>-tag, unfavourable cursor navigation and no colors Only links/links2, elinks and lynx are now considered usable (and also chosen in that order). See ENVIRONMENT/GT5_BROWSER below. FILES
~/.gt5.html contains a copy of the last run ~/.gt5-diffs/ compressed du-logs are stored here ENVIRONMENT
GT5_BROWSER force using a (specific) textbrowser GT5_CHARSET force using a (specific) charset for HTML header instead of using $LANG GT5_DEBUG_DIR Directory where to write gt5.debug* data if --debug option is set. BUGS
Directories at depth max-depth are not browsable and so look like files. AUTHOR
Thomas Sattler <gt5 at gmx dot net> SEE ALSO
du(1), links(1), elinks(1), lynx(1) gt5 v1.4.0.1 July 2009 gt5(1)