Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text-based internet browser?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Text-based internet browser? Post 33424 by TioTony on Sunday 5th of January 2003 10:23:15 PM
Old 01-05-2003
Check out 'lynx', this should be what you want.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connect to a remote account using a text browser.....

is it possible to coonect to a remote account using a text browser without the use of ftp... but using the httpd address. to be more precise is there any way to directly connect throught ssh in the text browser itself.. (using a lynx elinks browser). moxxx68 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host based ssh through a web browser

I'm looking for some sort of provider that I can connect to through a browser and subsequently open an ssh connection to another host. client based applet type solutions are blocked by firewall (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirtybrown
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to open the specified url in a browser from a text file

Hi All, here i am struc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

I am having issue dispalying text file in browser using perl. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl print "content-type: text/html \n\n"; open (FH , "access.log") || die "Blah $!"; while (<FH>) { print $_ ; } I have correct permissions and everything. The weired thing is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying text file in browser - perl

Don't know why this didn't get posted before but... I am having issues displaying a log file in the browser using perl and I can't get it to display at all, All i get is WHITE (blank page). I have proper permissions in my cgi-bin directory and everywhere else. So I know that's NOT the issue. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

6. Web Development

Add HTML Based on Browser Width (Firefox)

Here is a bit of code I wrote that includes some HTML (table and image code) based on the width of the browser. It works in Firefox. I am not sure if it works for IE. (Need to test.) <script type="text/javascript"><!-- var winWidth = window.innerWidth; if (winWidth > 750) {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
URLSCAN(1)						      General Commands Manual							URLSCAN(1)

NAME
urlscan - browse the URLs in an email message from a terminal SYNOPSIS
urlscan [options] < message urlscan [options] message DESCRIPTION
urlscan accepts a single email message on standard input, then displays a terminal-based list of the URLs in the given message. Selecting a URL will invoke sensible-browser(1) on it (and hence any browser specified in the BROWSER environment variable). urlscan is primarily intended to be used with the mutt (1) mailreader, but it should work well with any terminal-based mail program. urlscan is similar to urlview(1), but has the following additional features: 1. Support for more message encodings, such as quoted-printable and base64. 2. Extraction and display of the context surrounding each URL. OPTIONS
-b, --background Run the Web browser in the background, so you can select another URL without closing it (this will not work with terminal-based Web browsers such as lynx, links, or w3m). -c, --compact Display a simple list of the extracted URLs, instead of showing the context of each URL. MUTT INTEGRATION
To integrate urlscan with mutt, include the following two commands in ~/.muttrc: macro index,pager cb "<pipe-message> urlscan<Enter>" "call urlscan to extract URLs out of a message" macro attach,compose cb "<pipe-entry> urlscan<Enter>" "call urlscan to extract URLs out of a message" Once these lines are in your mutt configuration file, pressing Control-b will allow you to browse and open the URLs in the currently selected message. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/urlscan/README, sensible-browser(1), urlview(1), mutt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org>. December 10, 2006 URLSCAN(1)