Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming determine if a ethernet interface is up Post 33386 by eNTer on Friday 3rd of January 2003 08:41:46 AM
Old 01-03-2003
it's useful to install mii-tool. it works fine on newer cards but you may encounter problems with old cards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to determine the interface?

Given the interfaces on a firewall: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 02:40:67:34:F5:47 inet addr:192.168.0.1 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 86:23:98:45:35:56 inet addr:123.45.240.69 Bcast:255.255.255.255 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikikaka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Determine Solaris box network interface?

Given a new Solaris box, with a fresh, unconfigured install on it, how does one figure out what kind of network interface it has (bge,le, hme, etc)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to determine network interface that will be used to send a packet for an IP

Hello, I'm writing to you because I encountered the following problem. My program displayes all network interfaces that are available in the system, but I would like to add a functionality in which a user can enter a destination address IP (ex. the IP address of the Google search engine) and will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxrafi
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

7. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash- Determine what interface is online

Hey guys, I want to use a a quick bash script/command to determine what network interface is connected to the internet so I can pipe it out to become a variable, in order so the user does not have to manually type it in each time or have to 'hardcode' the variable into the script. I know about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
6 Replies

9. Linux

Issue with ethernet interface

hello, I have a Linux server with two interfaces eth0 and eth1. I configured two IP addresses from two different networks on 2 interfaces, and I connected both interfaces on two different switches. the IP address of eth0 is responding without problem to ping from equipment of its home network,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: cerco
25 Replies

10. Solaris

Determine PCI Endpoint for a Serial Interface.

Hi Folks, Here is one for the real Solaris aficionados on the site; I have a T5240 and have to create an I/O domain with access to the serial port, in this case /dev/term/a and although I have been through the documentation I'm having some issues in identifying the device to assign. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
vga_setchipset(3)						Svgalib User Manual						 vga_setchipset(3)

NAME
vga_setchipset - force chipset SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setchipset(int chipset); DESCRIPTION
Force detection of a chipset (when chipset detection fails). vga_setchipset(VGA) can be useful if the chipset specific stuff or the SVGA detection stuff gives problems. However, at first the automatic detection should work well, and if not a specific chipset can be forced from /etc/vga/libvga.config. Because of that, void vga_setchipset(int chipset) should probably never be used by applications. If used nevertheless, it should be called directly before vga_init(3). As of now the following values are defined for chipset: UNDEFINED This is the default and specifies autodetection. VGA A plain VGA card, not that the SVGA must behave like an ordinary SVGA card then which will probably mean it is in an ordinary (25x80) textmode. ET4000 Tseng ET4000/ET4000W32(i/p) cards. CIRRUS Cirrus Logic GD542x/3x cards. TVGA8900 Trident TVGA 8900C/9000 (and possibly also 8800CS/8900A/B) cards. OAK Oak Technologies OTI-037/67/77/87 cards. EGA An ordinary EGA card. The notes about VGA apply. S3 An S3 base card. ET3000 Tseng ET3000 cards. MACH32 A card (from ATI or not) based on the ATI Mach32 chipset. GVGA6400 A Genoa(?) GVGA6400 card. ARK ARK Logic ARK1000PV/2000PV cards. ATI An ATI SVGA (VGA Wonder and friends) card. This does not (necessarily) include the newer cards (usually called Mach something). ALI An ALI2301 based card. MACH64 A card using the ATI Mach64 chipset. Support is not complete. CHIPS Chips and Technologies chipsets 65525, 65535, 65546, 65548, 65550, and 65554 (usually in laptops). SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), vgatest(6), vga_getcurrentchipset(3), vga_setchipsetandfeatures(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setchipset(3)