Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring connected users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring connected users Post 33382 by ortsvorsteher on Thursday 2nd of January 2003 10:39:01 PM
Old 01-02-2003
history

Hello,

i think that you have to define a history file in users directory. there you can watch manually what they are doing.

you find your templates in the /etc/skel directory, there you can set the default history and size.

this files will be used by the useradd command.

maybe you think about to give the users more histfiles so that they become a histfile for every terminal they use.

best regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send a massive message to the connected users

How can I send a message for all the users connected into the system at the same time? Let's say I need to reboot the server and I ask the users to save their jobs becasue the server will be rebooted? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Am I Connected?

Be Gentle folks, I am a baby OpenSuSe 11.2 user :-) In windows Vista, there is a world in the systray when you are Internet connected and not just local. I have searched all over for a .RPM for the Network Manager or another packeg in Suse that can show me the same thing or something close. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donmaxwelliii
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

script for memory monitoring and sending mail to users in network

I m working on a script which monitors the disk usage and send a mail to the users if it reaches a limit of 90%. hlp me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
2 Replies

4. Linux

Memory monitoring and sending alert mail to users in network using shell script

i m workiing on a shell script which may monitors network memory and send alert to user if it increase a threshold (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for monitoring users activities

hi I need a shell script which runs perpetually in background and monitors different aspects of different users on different files and their usages for example say there r 3 users so i want when they log in i.e. their log in time and their file access, modify and change log of each file of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the login of users connected with awk

Hello everyone, I was trying to get the all logins of the users connected with awk, using "w" command, I probe with this: w|awk 'NR>2 {print $1}' But I'm not sure... is it ok? Thank You so much! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a users log in time?

how do i start with this guys? Sample run: $ LOGTIME it2015678 <enter> User it2015678 is CRUZ Tommy H And has logged on to the system for: 8 hours 12 minutes from the time this script was run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skypigeon
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 						   User Commands						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch_expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. There are two standard message buses: o systemwide message bus - Disabled and not supported on Solaris, but installed on many systems as the "messagebus" init service. o per-user-login-session message bus - Enabled and supported on Solaris, and started each time a user logs in. The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus- monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --monitor Use the monitoring output format (this is the default). --profile Use the profiling output format. --session Monitor the session message bus (this is the default). --system Monitor the system message bus. The system bus is disabled and unsupported on Solaris. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: watch_expressions In order to display the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch_expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/dbus-monitor Executable for dbus-monitor ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdbus | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1), dbus-daemon(1), dbus-launch(1), dbus-send(1), dbus-uuidgen(1), libdbus-glib-1(3), attributes(5) NOTES
For authorship information refer to http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/doc/AUTHORS. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2007. dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ SunOS 5.11 19 Nov 2007 dbus-monitor(1)