Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cdrom problems..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cdrom problems.. Post 33358 by LivinFree on Wednesday 1st of January 2003 02:35:29 PM
Old 01-01-2003
Try specifying the filesystem type with the mount command.
All standard data CD's should mount with "-t iso9660".
I'm not sure about music CD's though - I don't know if they have a filesystem to speak of...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

still cant get the solaris cdrom!!

ok here is what i do and get: # mount /dev/sd6a /cdrom mount /dev/sd6a write-protected ok so what do i do its a external cdrom and its on scsi number 6. its a SparcSTATION 2. we're trying to put red hat sparc 6.2 on it but it wont boot. i am about to take the hard drives out and install it a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wixifer
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cdrom

How would I mount a cdrom drive in Unix (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hordak
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cdrom boot problems

Hi Everyone, I have a problem. I'm trying too reinstall sun solaris 8.0 on may Sunfire 280r but solaris 9.0 is all ready installed. I tried to boot from cd rom it keeps telling me that File does not seem executable. I need to get Solaris 8.0 on this system. I have boot all ready in single mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cdrom will not eject

Hi I have placed a CD into the rom and now I can not eject it. when i type in eject cdrom i get the follwing error root@ssdb0009 # eject cdrom /vol/dev/rdsk/c0t6d0/dp_a0500_solaris_7_and_8_cd: Device busy Therefore i try and eject it with the -f option (eject -f cdrom) I still get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisca
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Floppy , CDrom

We use #eject cdrom to eject the cdrom . Is there a way to "close" it after using that command ? is there a command to eject floppy ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitlermom
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting cdrom

Hey everyone, Quick question...I am trying to get packages off a cdrom for NETBSD. I tried mounting using this command mount /dev/rccd0a /etc/home/cdrom. But I just get an error. I did a dmesg |grep ^cd and it said that my cdrom was at cd0.? Am I doing something wrong.? Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaff4k
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting cdrom on DG/UX

Hi, I'm looking to mount a cd on an old AViiON system we have. No one here really has any expertise with this platform so any help will be appreciated. I * think* the device is sd(apsc(pci(1),B,0,7),5,0), however I'm not sure at all. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madesjardins
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot from cdrom

i am having a problem when trying to boot from cdrom. I received the below message system is not bootable, boot command is disabledfound how can i fix this. also what is the key combination on ordinary keyboard for STOP+A. Is it ctrl+break? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

9. Solaris

cdrom mounting

Hi, I want to know HOw can I know on which slice cdrom is mounted?by default on which slice generally it is mounting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 cdrom problems...

FYI noob to here and sun blades... I have a sun blade 100 and I can't get the cdrom to work. if i try using vold that doesn't seem to work either...maybe i'm not using it correctly. Upon boot you can open/close the cdrom and it runs but after i'm logged in it won't open and i can't access it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaun138
2 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)