Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crc32 info
Top Forums Programming crc32 info Post 33265 by crashnburn on Tuesday 24th of December 2002 07:31:12 AM
Old 12-24-2002
no, it's not homework
have you never heard of challenge homepages like slyfx.com? oh, and btw, even if it was a homework, i didn't ask for the solution, i just wanted good info to read. anyway, that's a stupid rule, since the issue of most importance is learning. stupid homeworks are just peace of cake to post here bah.

you should add another rule:

do not jump to conclusions about other people without confirming it.

Last edited by crashnburn; 12-24-2002 at 08:37 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SU info

from the man page of su: EXAMPLES Example 1: Becoming User bin While Retaining Your Previously Exported Environment To become user bin while retaining your previously exported environment, execute: example% su bin Example 2: Becoming User bin and ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afflack
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Info

Hi, I'm a oracle DBA with little knowledge of Unix. I wanted to write some shell scripts which will be helpful for DBA's regular activity. As i'm a new to oracle with unix can any plese tell me what are all the activities can be done throgh Unix Shell Scripts also suggest me how to learn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msgobinathan
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Update my info

I hadn't logged on here in several months. I want to update my info, such as the email address that I can be contacted at, but I don't see any links to do that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleopard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some Info.

Hiya all ... i am a newbie to UNIX, Just want to knwo what this command does: /sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep 'inet addr:' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' I think, 'grep shows the line with 'inet addr' (which is the 2nd line, displaying the IP Address, Broadcast Address and Subnet Mask) ... Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad4m88
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting LV Info

I have this working ksh, and it returns like below: LOGICAL VOLUME: prod_2048_005 VOLUME GROUP: prod1vg TYPE: raw WRITE VERIFY: off PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk108 VOLUME GROUP: prod1vg TOTAL PPs: 1023 (130944 megabytes) VG DESCRIPTORS: 1 USED PPs: 904 (115712 megabytes) MAX REQUEST: 1 megabyte... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cksum's and zip's CRC32 algorithm

Hello! For long I used cksum to find file duplicates in linux and darwin. Now I want to make my own program that does all. However I can't seem to find the correct algorithm. zip and cksum claim to use the same algorithm, but the computated sums are not the same. I've already written an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regnevakrad
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum does not give me crc32

Is cksum the right command to calculate the crc32 checksum value? I tried it for a number of files now and every time the results dont match. So there is nothing wrong with the file. Also, cksum gives me an all numerical value while crc32 is alpha numeric. What am I doing wrong? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: utamav
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all files with prepended CRC32 (or other) hash code?

I would like to list all files in a directory tree but with a prepended digest hash code (like CRC32). CRC32 is not a MUST. If suitable another hash code can be used as well. In case of CRC32 the listing should look like 3765AC \usr\bin\spool 23CE99 \usr\bin\spool\list.h ... 11AA04... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
MAILCAP.ORDER(5)                                               Order Mailcap Entries                                              MAILCAP.ORDER(5)

NAME
/etc/mailcap.order - the mailcap ordering specifications DESCRIPTION
The order of entries in the /etc/mailcap file can be altered by editing the /etc/mailcap.order file. Each line of that file specifies a package and an optional mime type. Mailcap entries that match will be placed in the order of this file. Entries that don't match will be placed later. Example mime-support:*/* gv:application/postscript netscape:text/html less:text/* emacs:text/* The above would make any entries provided by the mime-support package (as found in the /usr/lib/mime/packages directory) take priority over everything else. The gv package will be used over anything else when it comes to postscript documents. Netscape will be used for any html documents and less will be used for any remaining text documents. However, since neither netscape or less provide for editing documents, any edit or compose actions will fall through to the emacs rules. After modifying this file, be sure to run /usr/sbin/update-mime (as root) to propagate the changes into the /etc/mailcap file. Remember that this files takes package names and not executable names. If you want to define rules that reference specific programs, the best way is to include them in ~/.mailcap or the user section of the /etc/mailcap file. LIMITATIONS
There is currently no way to break out a certain type from a wildcard rule. If, for example, both xv and gimp were to specify "image/*" rules, it isn't possible to use xv for gif images but use gimp for jpeg images. Also, I would like to add the ability to specify certain actions in the rules. For example, if netscape were to have an edit rule but I wanted to use emacs for editing/creating html documents, I could place a line like emacs:text/* action=edit|compose before the netscape entry. The update-mime program would then spit out entries such that netscape view rule comes before the emacs view rule but have the netscape edit rule comes after the emacs edit rule. SEE ALSO
mailcap(5) run-mailcap(1) update-mime(8) AUTHOR
The mailcap.order specification was written by Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> Debian Project 16th Aug 1998 MAILCAP.ORDER(5)