Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX System Admin Document
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX System Admin Document Post 33182 by jjvaas on Wednesday 18th of December 2002 05:06:44 PM
Old 12-18-2002
if i were you I would create a db.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripted Document Management System

Over the past 4 -5 years, I have cobbled together a rudimentary 'Document Management System' for a school district I support using Linux Bash Shell scripts.. The purpose of the scripting was to supplement features of a Job Applicant Center that had very simplistic methods of handle file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuledeer
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

After becoming HP UX 11iV3 System Admin

What is a logical step forward to learn much more about HP UX? Learn HP Integrity BladeSystem Administration or learn more about scripting? Learn more about storage? Can someone tell me how to become more effective? I am already working with HP UX everyday. Thanks a lot for every reply I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velde_van_der_a
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

System Admin. Lab

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a group id with your last name. Create 2 user IDs using your last name and the numbers 1 and 2. For each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

System Admin related document with example

Hi, I am looking for perfect document.which is covered all the admin role with examples..... --> Please say that "search in google"...... Can you please help on this.... Thanks & Regards, Mani (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
lmfsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lmfsetup(8)

Name
       lmfsetup - License Management Facility PAK registration script

Syntax
       /etc/lmfsetup [ template ]

Description
       The  script allows you to register data supplied by a Product Authorization Key (PAK).  The script prompts you for the data associated with
       each of the fields on a PAK.  When all the data has been entered, the License Management Facility (LMF) ensures there are  entries  against
       all  the mandatory fields, and that the Checksum validates all the license data.  If the data has been entered correctly, the PAK is regis-
       tered in the License Database.  If the data has been entered incorrectly, the appropriate error message is displayed and you are given  the
       opportunity to re-enter the data.

The template option allows you to register license data from templates in A template containing a partially complete PAK is created by some
       products as part of their installation process.	The script only prompts you for data on the fields that are empty in the template.  If the
       script cannot find the specified template in it searches the current directory.

The  script  is	provided as an alternative to the command.  This displays a template, which includes the fields on the PAK, and invokes an
       editor so that you can add the license data to the appropriate field.  The command also allows errors to be corrected without having to re-
       enter all the data.

See Also
       lmf(8)
       Guide to Software Licensing

lmfsetup(8)