Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: already found the answer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers already found the answer Post 33167 by Erik Rooijmans on Wednesday 18th of December 2002 07:50:10 AM
Old 12-18-2002
already found the answer

Sorry,

But just found the answer to this question.
For those who are intrested:

smit devices
pty
change/show characeristics of pty

Good luck,

Erik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent answer these please

Hi, Please explain what does '$*' mean. what does the command cd /~abc do, especially what does '~' mean? cheers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
1 Replies

2. Programming

can any one answer ????

Q.1 Diffrence between terminal and pseudo-terminal ? Q.2 What is terminal login ? What is a netwok Login ? Q.3 What is meant by baud rate of a terminal ? Q.4 which structure is used for job control in Unix/Linux ?and where these structure are means in which directory ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Can anybody answer this.....

Hi i am trying the threads concept in unix environment using C... but i am getting error of "wait_fd: Couldn't find procinfo for fd 24"... what does this error mean..... help me in solving this issue... Thanks in advance shivamasam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivamasam
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Answer them if u can...

Try to answer these questions on Unix: 1.what will be the segment() function do? 2.How Unix is more powerful than Windows? 3.Where ownership details will be stored of a particular file in Unix? 4.State different uses of ^ symbol in regular expressions. 5.What does export command used for?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreambig
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me to answer this

Hello everyone I update my question. Thanks for your reply joeyg If I type the last command and send to a text file. I get this last >usuarios.txt root pts/0 160.40.35.277 May 22 11:08 still logged in. root pts/0 alopez02 May 22 09:23 - 10:11 (00:47) root pts/0 160.40.35.277 May 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Longest prefix matching -answer found

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my %prefix_to_rate = ( '93' => "1.50", '6iii' => "0.22" ); my ( $shortest, $longest ) = ( sort { $a <=> $b } map { length } keys %prefix_to_rate ); for my $len ( reverse $shortest .. $longest ) { print ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification on '1 days ago' in date command [Found answer, posted within]

I know the topic of getting yesterday's date has been covered ad nauseum, but I just want to be clear on something. I recently started using the command date --date='1 days ago' '+%m/%d/%y' to get yesterday's date and it's been working great. I just want to be certain that it is going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I welcome all to answer my Q's

Hi everyone,, I am new to the forum...but not to Unix. I have gathered few questions from my mates who attended interviews in various companies as I have to attend one on dec 3rd for Sys admin position. Please respond with the answers you know and also help with various other interview... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: impawan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi, answer format

command is : echo "BACBE03,IS38341," ; cat /home/oaydin/cha/response/gec/stp_BACBE03.txt | grep IS38341 | awk '{print $2}' ; grep -c IS38341 /home/oaydin/cha/response/gec/tx_BACBE03.txt answer is : BACBE03,IS38341, ACTIVE 4 I need format : BACBE03,IS38341,ACTIVE,4 help please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozcanaydin
7 Replies
UNLOCKPT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       UNLOCKPT(3)

NAME
unlockpt - unlock a pseudo-terminal master/slave pair SYNOPSIS
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE #include <stdlib.h> int unlockpt(int fd); DESCRIPTION
The unlockpt() function unlocks the slave pseudo-terminal device (pty) corresponding to the master pty referred to by fd. unlockpt() should be called before opening the slave side of a pty. RETURN VALUE
When successful, unlockpt() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno appropriately. ERRORS
EBADF The fd argument is not a file descriptor open for writing. EINVAL The fd argument is not associated with a master pty. VERSIONS
unlockpt() is provided in glibc since version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. SEE ALSO
grantpt(3), posix_openpt(3), ptsname(3), pts(4), feature_test_macros(7), pty(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2008-06-14 UNLOCKPT(3)