Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements A $199 PC with No Windows, No Intel Inside Post 33143 by dangral on Tuesday 17th of December 2002 04:10:52 PM
Old 12-17-2002
Available PCI slots:none

No room for PCI expansion is the only real minus I see so far...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Running Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS?

I'd like to know if it's possible to run Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS similar to how you can run Linux in Windows, rather than dual-booting them both. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to do some serious parallel computing which Windows isn't even capable of at the moment... But I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliotos
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to log current timestamp inside a for loop in windows shell?

below is the output where i'm getting the same times tamp throughout the loop., where i'm expecting that to log the current time stamp.. C:\Users\ilango>for /l %i in (1,1,5) do echo for %i C:\Users\ilango>echo for 1 for 1 C:\Users\ilango>echo for 2 for 2 C:\Users\ilango>echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script to delete record if it exceeds 199 fields

HI All, I am new to perl ,need your inputs for my better understanding. I have 5 UNIX files ,inside which only required fields will be loaded except with junk data mentioned in double quotes .For Ex File has below information: Process=High Name=Albert Age=27 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
8 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 25 October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)