Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements A $199 PC with No Windows, No Intel Inside Post 33119 by ravuya on Tuesday 17th of December 2002 11:48:19 AM
Old 12-17-2002
The reason why these things are so cheap is because there's no Windows tax attached, I'd guess.

It'd make a great headless server for a small network. It'll be interesting to see if the "big manufacturers" (Dell and the like) follow in making extremely cheap machines.

*crosses his fingers and waits for a cheap laptop*

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Running Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS?

I'd like to know if it's possible to run Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS similar to how you can run Linux in Windows, rather than dual-booting them both. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to do some serious parallel computing which Windows isn't even capable of at the moment... But I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliotos
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to log current timestamp inside a for loop in windows shell?

below is the output where i'm getting the same times tamp throughout the loop., where i'm expecting that to log the current time stamp.. C:\Users\ilango>for /l %i in (1,1,5) do echo for %i C:\Users\ilango>echo for 1 for 1 C:\Users\ilango>echo for 2 for 2 C:\Users\ilango>echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script to delete record if it exceeds 199 fields

HI All, I am new to perl ,need your inputs for my better understanding. I have 5 UNIX files ,inside which only required fields will be loaded except with junk data mentioned in double quotes .For Ex File has below information: Process=High Name=Albert Age=27 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
8 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)