Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: basic server
Top Forums Programming basic server Post 33101 by jnuno on Monday 16th of December 2002 07:13:09 PM
Old 12-16-2002
Question basic server

Hi,

Could you explain me how to send a file to the browser that connects to my server and requests GET /index.html? Do I open the file index.html and send it through the socket? What parameters should I use in write(client_fd, ???, ???) to send the file index.html to the browser?

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic server info

I'm so new to sys admin work that my ears haven't dried yet. Here's my question: what scripts are available to gather pkginfo, prtdiag, and volume info? I need to gather this type of info from 18 servers of various types: oracle db servers, license servers, nis masters and slaves, etc.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic Server info on Mac os x

Hi how do i look at the basic server info through terminal on mac. I have the username and password for a web server and i am assigned to add a new url to the web server, but i have no idea where to start. how do i check what kind of server it is? how do i get the DNS information? most... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mj330
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I get basic server specs from terminal?

Hi there. Anyone know how to get CPU speed, RAM size etc (basic specs) from a SUN server running solaris, from the unix terminal? I'm sure there must be a command for this but ... I haven't been able to find it so far.. :o Cheers. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
8 Replies

4. Linux

VNC Server, brings up really basic Xwindows

I am running Startcom linux ES5 . When i bring up the VNC server and login to the machine running a vnc client , I only get the real basic x-windows session and a term window. how can i get it to bring up the real linux desktop on all sessions? Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

5. Programming

Connect to UNIX server with Visual Basic

Is there any possibility to develop an application using Visual Basic that connects to a unix server (using SSH) and run some commands? I will try to describe what i need : The user should enter the server adress, username and password! Than the user must enter some "filenames" and after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuperDuck
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic server check script - help

Hello Fellow bash enthusiasts... I am stuck on this local script and could use some fresh eyes on this code. #!/bin/bash MAIL_ME="jj@uberdork.com" MAIL_SUBJECT="Norveld_Server_needs_attention" SERVER_DATE=$(TZ=PST8PDT date) echo $(ServerTZ=PST8PDT date) - Web Server Check = $(curl -Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash -- pulling files from an FTP server

Hi guys. Very new to this so apologies if this is ridiculously obvious, but I am not sure why this isn't working. I want to pull a file off an FTP server. I currently do it through windows, which is no problem, but I want to move everything to a Linux box I just installed. wget won't work as the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormajormajor
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email server setup - basic help; tutorial for debian/Postfix/dovecot

Hello, I have been trying to setup a email server here at home, for me and a few friends. Nothing fancy, just a super basic - but secure - email server. I have been having trouble over the course of the past 2-3 weeks fumbling through various online tutorials. It shouldn't be SO hard =) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalisco
0 Replies

9. Linux

Trouble setting up basic user authentication on apache2 web server

Hey guys! So I decided to set up some basic user authentication on my apache2 server, and I am running into some problems. I followed the documentation provided by apache on their website, but I cant create the password file for some reason. I did a little trouble shooting myself, and found... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxIntern445
40 Replies
monodoc(1)						      General Commands Manual							monodoc(1)

NAME
monodoc - GUI Mono documentation browser SYNOPSIS
monodoc [options] DESCRIPTION
monodoc is a GTK#-based browser for viewing collected API documentation for CLI libraries installed on the system RUNTIME OPTIONS
The following options are available for browsing documentation: TOPIC Start the browser at TOPIC (ex. N:System, T:System.Object, M:System.Object.Equals, and P: for properties, F: for fields, E: for events, etc.) --help Print a brief instructions on usage --about About the monodoc browser --html TOPIC Print the HTML contents of TOPIC --make-index Create the documentation index --make-search-index Create the searchable documentation index --engine Select a browser backend (Gecko, GtkHtml, WebKit, MonoWebBrowser) The following options are available for authoring documentation: --assemble Runs the doc assembler --cs-to-ecma DOCFILE ASSEMBLY OUTPUT LIBRARY-NAME Converts C# documentation to Monodoc format --edit path Edit (unassembled) documentation at path --get-sourcesdir Prints the location of monodoc sources --merge-changes CHANGE_FILE [TARGET_DIR] --normalize Format a documentation file consistently --validate Validate the XML files SEE ALSO mono(1), mdassembler(1), mdcs2ecma(1), mdnormalizer(1), mdvalidator(1), monodocs2html(1), monodocer(1) monodoc(1)