Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CDE freezing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CDE freezing Post 33052 by dangral on Sunday 15th of December 2002 01:47:51 AM
Old 12-15-2002
RTM-
Thanks for your help, you pointed me in the right direction. This all happened after I began screwing around with /etc/hosts, /etc/nodename and ifconfig, I tried a couple suggestions from the list, but none worked so I did a sys-unconfig and after reboot and setting up, it worked correctly. Thanks so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.5 freezing

Hie I use SCO Unix 5.0.5 as my operating system and i have been having the following problem for the past couple of days : After every 3 hours or more , my system freezes and all users are locked out .I can not do anything even on the console . Each time i have to press the reset button... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babby
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Jet/Jumpstart installation freezing

Hi guys, I have a problem with installing new Solaris servers via jet/jumpstart (tried both). I`ve configured server, created profile for a client, issued {1} boot net -v install and went to get some cofee... After I came back, client was able to load system from server, get IP and,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

4. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mouse freezing after idle time

Hi All, I am having a problem where my mouse (USB) is freezing after some idle time, and I am having to reboot everytime that happens. I looked in the file /etc/X11/xorg.config to see if there is an entry for mouse and I could not find it. Instead I found the following entry: Section... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
8 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD 8.1 and OSS: system freezing

Hey all, This is my first post and I'm a brand new unix user. Just to let ya know, my technical knowledge consists of windows and linux(Ubuntu, Fedora, Sabayon, and Arch Linux), so I'm not a complete NOOB at using unix-like OSes. Anyway, I installed FreeBSD 8.1 yesterday and everything is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanbrownitt
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Laptop freezing issues

I am having Laptop freezing issues. Whenever I try to use Firfox and vlc, chrome and vlc, firefox and chrome, or anything similar to that my computer freezes. I always have to kill one of the processes before I can use my laptop again. I am guessing this is a hardware issue because when I move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cp freezing from Seagate HDD to Win7

Hello all, Earlier I had a mac book and created a HFS+ file system on Seagate 1 TB external HDD, copied around 200 GB content. Now, I have a Windows 7 machine and wanted to copy the HDD contents to this new machine. Tried using MacDrive10 to mount HFS+ file system in Windows. Mouting is fine and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

10. Linux

Linux keeps freezing on UFW BLOCK

Hi everyone, I have had trouble getting several versions of Linux stable on my machine over the last few months. I do not think the issue is with the machine. Windows ran fine on it for a long time. The current issue is that whenever I lock the screen then come back after a long time I find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
dtfilsys(file formats)													    dtfilsys(file formats)

NAME
dtfilsys -- CDE file system; directory tree structure DESCRIPTION
The CDE file system is divided into three parts: the root system, /usr/dt, the configuration directory, /etc/dt, and the temporary direc- tory, /var/dt. The root system, /usr/dt, is a read-only directory. It contains all the files that comprise the CDE. The configuration directory, /etc/dt, is the directory CDE applications will search to locate configuration files that have been modified by the system administrator. Default versions of these configuration files are typically located in /usr/dt. The temporary directory, /var/dt, contains temporary information or information that varies in size and existence. Below is a diagram of the directory tree structure for CDE. /etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> /help/<Lang> /icons/<Lang> /types/<Lang> /backdrops/<Lang> /config /palettes/<Lang> /usr/dt/app-defaults/<Lang> /appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> /help/<Lang> /icons/<Lang> /types/<Lang> /bin /config /lib /share/backdrops/<Lang> /include /examples /man /palettes/<Lang> /var/dt/appconfig/appmanager $HOME/.dt/appmanager /help /icons /palettes /sessions /types The following guidelines apply to the contents of these directories: /usr/dt This directory is for use by the CDE system. Applications should never create files in this directory although they may read and execute them. /usr/dt/app-defaults/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the app-defaults files for the CDE clients. /usr/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the actions files used by the Application Manager. /usr/dt/appconfig/help/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the CDE help volumes and help files. /usr/dt/appconfig/icons/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the icons used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/appconfig/types/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the actions and data types used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/bin This directory contains the CDE clients. /usr/dt/config This directory contains default configuration files. /usr/dt/lib This directory contains the shared libraries used by the CDE clients. /usr/dt/share This directory contains CDE elements, typically ASCII files, that are independent of the architecture. /usr/dt/share/backdrops/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the backdrops used by the window manager workspaces and by the Style Manager. /usr/dt/share/examples This directory contains examples of CDE functionality. /usr/dt/share/include This directory is part of the developmewnt environment and includes header files associated with CDE. /usr/dt/share/man This directory contains the man pages for the CDE clients. /usr/dt/share/palettes/<Lang> This directory contains the localized versions of the palettes used by the Style Manager to determine the color scheme. /etc/dt This directory is specified as the CDE configuration directory. /etc/dt/appconfig This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files /etc/dt/appconfig/appmanager/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the Application Manager. /etc/dt/appconfig/help/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the Help system. /etc/dt/appconfig/icons/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for icons. /etc/dt/appconfig/types/<Lang> This directory is used to hold system-administrator defined configuration files for the action and filetype database. /etc/dt/backdrops/<Lang> This directory contains backdrops provided by the system administrator. /etc/dt/config This directory is to contain modified versions of the CDE configuration files (installed in /usr/dt/config). /etc/dt/palettes/<Lang> This directory contains palettes provided by the system administrator. /var/dt This directory is used by CDE for some log files, temporary files, and files that vary in size. /var/dt/appconfig/appmanager This directory is created at login and is used by the Application Manager. $HOME/.dt This directory contains information specific to the user. $HOME/.dt/appmanager This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the Application Manager. $HOME/.dt/backdrops This directory is used to hold user-customized backdrops for the Style Manager. $HOME/.dt/help This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the Help system. $HOME/.dt/icons This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for icons. $HOME/.dt/palettes This directory is used to hold user-customized palettes for the Style Manager. $HOME/.dt/sessions This directory is used to store session information between CDE sessions. $HOME/.dt/tmp This directory is used to hold temporary information. $HOME/.dt/types This directory is used to hold user-defined configuration files for the action and filetypes database. The Minimum Runtime Environment The minimum environment required for a system to support CDE consists of the following files and directories: /usr/dt/app-defaults/C/ tpad Dtksh Dtterm /usr/dt/appconfig/tttypes/ types.xdr /usr/dt/bin/ dsdm dtaction dtappgather dtappintegrate dtexec dtksh dtpad dtspcd dtterm suid_exec rpc.ttdbserver tt_type_comp ttsession SEE ALSO
dtenvvar(5) dtfilsys(file formats)