Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ps -ef not showing all info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ps -ef not showing all info Post 33031 by Perderabo on Friday 13th of December 2002 09:03:55 AM
Old 12-13-2002
You can't expand the length of the saved command line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing that something is deleteing

Hi there, I have a scritp that is clearing out old files from some directories, rather than echoing the name of the file when it gets deleted i want to echo a ". " I have tried to just echo it after the deletion but it lists like this . . . . I want to show it like this . . . . . . . . .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posts not showing up

I received the following e-mail notification, but neither this post nor my previous post is showing up. ---------------------------------------------------------------- patwa has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Waiting between commands - in the UNIX for Dummies... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cfajohnson
1 Replies

3. AIX

san lv showing old fs

Hi All, I have been working with two AIX with san and this is the first I got this minor problem on my third AIX. The san/hdisk was recreated so many times because of this problem. When I created a new vg and fs. The fs will be mounted/unmounted properly but if I query the fs on a vg with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. AIX

5.2 who not showing all login

I have 1 box running 5.2 and another running 5.3. Both use the NIS accounts and NFS home directories. Users can telnet on to both and 'who' displays the login. However when users run xterms using a remote X server (e.g. Exceed), by telnetting then running /usr/bin/X11/xterm -d xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spitzie
1 Replies

5. Linux

\c showing in ksh

Hi, I am having an issue releated to shell-environment on a server. Let me explain with the example of below script: #!/bin/ksh echo " enter:\c" read a echo $a As I am using ksh the expected output from this script should be 'enter:' (expecting the input for read in same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing only files with a certain length

so I need to list all the files in a folder with x character, where x is an arbitrary number. I am not sure of the whole command, but I think it's something like the following: ls grep -l What am I missing? What should the command be if I am wrong? Any help would be appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhobosAnomaly
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing error

if ; then rm -rf "${x}"_"${y}"_abc_pqr.dat error: `then' unmatchedCan anyone please help me in correcting it. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat clustering clustat not showing info

Having an issue with clustat not displaying the rgmanager info eventhu all the of the cman started successfully. No fencing errors. all of the cluster.conf are the same on all serers ..etc. However when i run the clustat i only see this: Cluster Status for RESTON-LSMS @ Mon Aug 31 15:13:16 2015... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing 4 digits

Hello everybody I'm a little beginer for shell script as I started last night... I have this script cat fichier.txt | while read l ; do #echo $l echo $x x=$(( $x + 1 )) done it's return 1 2 3 4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: remibemol
4 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
       lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags

SYNOPSIS
       lintian-info [log-file...]

lintian-info --tags tag ...

DESCRIPTION
       The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses
       a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag
       or tags.

If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped
       through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command.  (Note, though, that the lintian command has a
       command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this
       command.)

OPTIONS
       -a, --annotate
	   Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override
	   entries.  For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag.

-h, --help
	   Display usage information and exit.

--profile prof
	   Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags.  If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default
	   profile for than vendor is chosen.

If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor.

Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles.

-t, --tags
	   Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag.

EXIT STATUS
       If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1.  Otherwise, it always
       returns with exit code 0.

SEE ALSO
       lintian(1)

AUTHORS
       Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>

perl v5.14.2							    2013-02-16							   LINTIAN-INFO(1)