Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tricky one...
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Tricky one... Post 33013 by Neo on Thursday 12th of December 2002 04:34:54 PM
Old 12-12-2002
You must boot from a linux kernel image. You might be able to install the image on your hard drive and use a program like "Partition Magic" for similar program to boot of the installed image on the HD.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky Sed

Hello. I am trying to convert occurrences of 'NULL' from a datafile. The 'NULL' occurences appears at this: |NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL|NULL| NULL| There should be 52 fields per line. I would like any occurrence of | NULL| or |NULL| to appear as '||' Currently I am using this sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tricky Quotation Question

Hi, I am at a point in my script where I defined the number of the command line parameter I would like to set a variable equal to: parameter_number=14 I would then like to set a variable equal to the correct parameter: variable=$parameter_number The issue here is that {} is required... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tricky file output

I have a following file, I want to output 2 files. Is that easy to do? Output 1 output2 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbchen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky data manipulation...

Hi everyone.. I am new here, hello.. I hope this doesn't come across to you folks as a stupid question, I'm somewhat new to scripting :) I'm seeking some help in finding a way to manipulate data output for every two characters - example: numbers.lst contains the following output:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explicit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed tricky problem

Hi, I have a file which contains two strings: AAAAA and BBBBB I have two variables in my script: DATE="03/21/2010" aDate="20100321" I need to replace string AAAAA with variable $DATE and BBBBB with $aDate. Here is what I do sed "s/AAAAA/$DATE/" $BASIC_TMPLT | sed "s/BBBBB/$aDate/" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axed
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Tricky egrep

Hi folks! My first post here. I'm working on a script that retrieves a range of files from a list depending on a range of time. UPDATE: I've seen it could be difficult to read all this thing, so I'll make a summarize it.. How come I do this and take a result.. grep "..\:.." lista.new |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl0x
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tricky GREP question..

I have some large login files that I need to extract (user)@(server) from. Where it gets tricky is that there is usually more than one '@' sign on each line(although it does have a leading space if it's not part of the (user)@(server) string), I need only the (user)@(server) section, I need only... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mordaris
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

Tricky situation getting IP address

Hi, I have a multihomed system HP-UX with two NIC cards having IP address 10.9.0.13 & 10.9.0.45 I have two weblogic servers running one listening on "10.9.0.13" and the other on "10.9.0.45" Given a PID how is it possible to extract the IP Address that the weblogic server is using and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky sed required

Hi All I need to put some sed together for a task and its a bit advanced for me, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here could help. I have a csv file with content like this - "","abcde","","" "'","abcde","","" "","","","1234" "'e'","","","" I need to remove any single quotes that fall... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing xml - tricky one...need help!!

Hi, i am new to linux programming fraternity but looks like starting with a big thing... yes..xml parsing (it is indeed tough for a beginner like me) so need your kind help... The snippet of xml looks like: <snapshot> <tag1> <key>1234</key> <keytype>abcd</keytype> </tag1> <tag2>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie2014
11 Replies
DRACUT-CATIMAGES(8)						      dracut						       DRACUT-CATIMAGES(8)

NAME
dracut-catimages - creates initial ramdisk image by concatenating images SYNOPSIS
dracut-catimages [OPTION...] <initramfs base image> [<image>...] DESCRIPTION
dracut-catimages creates an initial ramdisk image by concatenating several images from the command line and /boot/dracut/*.img OPTIONS
-f, --force overwrite existing initramfs file. -i, --imagedir Directory with additional images to add (default: /boot/dracut/) -o, --overlaydir Overlay directory, which contains additional files that will be used to create an additional image --nooverlay Do not use the overlay directory --noimagedir Do not use the additional image directory -h, --help display help text and exit. --debug output debug information of the build process -v, --verbose verbose output during the build process FILES
/boot/dracut/*.img images to work with AUTHORS
Harald Hoyer AVAILABILITY
The dracut-catimages command is part of the dracut package and is available from https://dracut.wiki.kernel.org SEE ALSO
dracut(8) dracut 09/12/2013 DRACUT-CATIMAGES(8)