Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Os 8
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun Os 8 Post 33 by veitcha on Monday 25th of September 2000 04:05:51 PM
Old 09-25-2000

Does anyone know how to change the network settings (ie DNS, static to DHCP) settings in Sun Os, or any unix system for that matter.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-TIMESYNCD.SERVICE(8)                                 systemd-timesyncd.service                                SYSTEMD-TIMESYNCD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-timesyncd.service, systemd-timesyncd - Network Time Synchronization SYNOPSIS
systemd-timesyncd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd DESCRIPTION
systemd-timesyncd is a system service that may be used to synchronize the local system clock with a remote Network Time Protocol server. It also saves the local time to disk every time the clock has been synchronized and uses this to possibly advance the system realtime clock on subsequent reboots to ensure it monotonically advances even if the system lacks a battery-buffered RTC chip. The systemd-timesyncd service specifically implements only SNTP. This minimalistic service will set the system clock for large offsets or slowly adjust it for smaller deltas. More complex use cases are not covered by systemd-timesyncd. The NTP servers contacted are determined from the global settings in timesyncd.conf(5), the per-link static settings in .network files, and the per-link dynamic settings received over DHCP. See systemd.network(5) for more details. timedatectl(1)'s set-ntp command may be used to enable and start, or disable and stop this service. FILES
/var/lib/systemd/timesync/clock This file contains the timestamp of the last successful synchronization. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), timesyncd.conf(5), systemd.network(5), systemd-networkd.service(8), timedatectl(1), localtime(5), hwclock(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TIMESYNCD.SERVICE(8)