Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: capital letters GONE!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers capital letters GONE! Post 32969 by blogg on Wednesday 11th of December 2002 06:38:13 PM
Old 12-11-2002
ok, i tried the mount command suggested by LivinFree (thanks for the advice)- did not make any difference. I tried rebooting (sigh), and that didn't help. I even tried burning another CD - still not working. I really am running out of options... I guess that I will try burning the CD on my windows box, but I doubt that will do anything - I don't think it's a problem with the burn - seems to be isolated to the linux box... I could always try to FTP! (might have to).

The deal is that it worked fine just 2 months ago!!

A thought:

The CD that I am having trouble with has quite a deep directory structure (3 dirs deep before the caps start) - not sure if that is the issue - don't think so tho - i'll try more testing...

Ok - maybe it does have something to do with the burn - I found the CD that I made a couple of months ago - it has a different dir structure, and the caps are THERE. Could it have to do with long directory names??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transformation capital letter

:confused: Hye everybody i would like to know if exist a internet site where i can founs some interesting shell script very usefull I need to transform hundreds names of files escribed in CAPITAL letter in minuscule letter do oyu know a mean o do that that thanks to a script or a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark Angel
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capital sed

Hi everyone. I wanted to convert capital characters to small one. So i tried to use: sed -e "y///" but this won't work. And sed -e "y/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/" this worked well. Does anyone know why?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Euler04
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change a parameter to be in capital letters

Hi, I have a korn shell script with 1 parameter. My script deletes certain files, for example.... sid=$1 rm $ORC/dbs/orapwd${sid} #orapwddb1 rm $ORC/dbs/lk${sid} #lkDB1 In the first file, the $sid must be in small letters and in the second file, the $sid must be in capital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n8575
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change small letters to capital

hi guys, I know this might be very simple for u but not for me. I simply want to print the active users, changeing the first letter in their names to capital. i guess sed it's useful but don't know how to find the correspondign capital letter and don't know how to change just the first... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for capital letters

Hi, I just want to search a file for any words containng a capital letter and then display a list of just these words! I have been trying grep but to no has not helped.(im using the bash shell) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdaniel3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put parentheses around all capital letters using SED

Hello everyone I tell you that I'm trying to do a bash program that can put parentheses around each capital letter of each line using SED. I tell you probe with: sed -e '1,$s/A/(A)/g' "$file" but only add parentheses in A. then tested with: sed 'y/AB/(A)(B)/' "$archivo" but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing all characters of a file to capital letters

Hi guys. I have file named output.txt containing file names. one per line. I use this command to convert all characters to capital letters and write to the same file. cat output.txt | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z' > output.txtBut at the end output.txt is emtpy. Could anyone help?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Escape Sequence for Capital Letters Input at Shell Not Working

Hello, I am running Solaris 8. When issuing the command "stty lcase" all text which is output to the terminal are capitalized. Letters that are supposed to be capitals are preceded by a backslash during output. All text which is input is converted to lower case. This is the expected behaviour... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies
pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)					     pbuilder					       pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)

NAME
pdebuild-user-mode-linux - pbuilder-user-mode-linux way of doing debuild SYNOPSIS
pdebuild-user-mode-linux [pdebuild-user-mode-linux options] -- [pbuilder-user-mode-linux options] DESCRIPTION
A convenience program for pbuilder-user-mode-linux which invokes pbuilder after obtaining appropriate root privilege in a Debian source directory. One must be inside the source tree containing the debian directory, in order to make it work. PDEBUILD OPTIONS
--buildsourceroot [fakeroot] The command used to gain root privilege for invoking dpkg-buildpackage --auto-debsign Invoke debsign at the end of pdebuild process. --debsign-k [key-id] Pass -k option to debsign to specify which keyid to sign. --buildresult [Directory for build results] The place which build result is stored. --configfile [Extra config file to use] The configuration file is used, but not passed on to pbuilder-user-mode-linux. --debbuildopts [options to pass to dpkg-buildpackage] The space-delimited list of options are passed to dpkg-buildpackage. This option appends to pbuilder option --debbuildopts and may also be used to reset the list of options by passing the empty string. --use-pdebuild-internal Uses a different implementation of pdebuild, which calls clean and build inside the chroot, using bind-mounts. pdebuild-internal tries to run debian/rules clean inside the chroot. To achieve the goal, the working directory is passed on inside the chroot, in the form of bind-mounting and debuild is run. This option will not protect the working directory and its parent directories from the build scripts. -- [pbuilder options] After the -- symbol, an arbitrary number of pbuilder options can be specified. See pbuilder-user-mode-linux.1 for full list of options. There is an exception that --buildresult needs to be specified as pdebuild option before the -- to be effective. FILES
/etc/pbuilderrc The configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux. /usr/share/pbuilder/pbuilderrc The default configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux. ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc Configuration file for pbuilder-user-mode-linux, used in pdebuild-user-mode-linux, overrides what is written in /etc/pbuilderrc AUTHOR
Initial coding, and main maintenance is done by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. The homepage is available at http://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-uml.conf(5) Debian 2006 May 24 pdebuild-user-mode-linux(1)