Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CDE freezing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CDE freezing Post 32957 by dangral on Wednesday 11th of December 2002 11:52:11 AM
Old 12-11-2002
CDE freezing

I am running Solaris 8 intel and recently my Common Desktop environment will not load. I enter the root username and password at the prompt, it switches to the CDE screen and the freezes. The OpenWindows environment works fine. I tried with a regular username (not root) and I get the same resutls. Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.5 freezing

Hie I use SCO Unix 5.0.5 as my operating system and i have been having the following problem for the past couple of days : After every 3 hours or more , my system freezes and all users are locked out .I can not do anything even on the console . Each time i have to press the reset button... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babby
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Jet/Jumpstart installation freezing

Hi guys, I have a problem with installing new Solaris servers via jet/jumpstart (tried both). I`ve configured server, created profile for a client, issued {1} boot net -v install and went to get some cofee... After I came back, client was able to load system from server, get IP and,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

4. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mouse freezing after idle time

Hi All, I am having a problem where my mouse (USB) is freezing after some idle time, and I am having to reboot everytime that happens. I looked in the file /etc/X11/xorg.config to see if there is an entry for mouse and I could not find it. Instead I found the following entry: Section... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
8 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD 8.1 and OSS: system freezing

Hey all, This is my first post and I'm a brand new unix user. Just to let ya know, my technical knowledge consists of windows and linux(Ubuntu, Fedora, Sabayon, and Arch Linux), so I'm not a complete NOOB at using unix-like OSes. Anyway, I installed FreeBSD 8.1 yesterday and everything is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanbrownitt
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Laptop freezing issues

I am having Laptop freezing issues. Whenever I try to use Firfox and vlc, chrome and vlc, firefox and chrome, or anything similar to that my computer freezes. I always have to kill one of the processes before I can use my laptop again. I am guessing this is a hardware issue because when I move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cp freezing from Seagate HDD to Win7

Hello all, Earlier I had a mac book and created a HFS+ file system on Seagate 1 TB external HDD, copied around 200 GB content. Now, I have a Windows 7 machine and wanted to copy the HDD contents to this new machine. Tried using MacDrive10 to mount HFS+ file system in Windows. Mouting is fine and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

10. Linux

Linux keeps freezing on UFW BLOCK

Hi everyone, I have had trouble getting several versions of Linux stable on my machine over the last few months. I do not think the issue is with the machine. Windows ran fine on it for a long time. The current issue is that whenever I lock the screen then come back after a long time I find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
LOGIN(8)                                                      System Manager's Manual                                                     LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)