Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX 11.11 SAM no longer displaying configurable parameters Post 32942 by sjmolloy on Wednesday 11th of December 2002 05:34:00 AM
Old 12-11-2002
Bug Resolution

Sorry for delay in replying.
Finally got this sorted.
It was the patch level on SAM!!!
We had to remove some patches.
Also, manner in which security rules are enforced on us is being reviewed.
Thanks for all the help.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAM file

I am having a problem on an HP box, where I am being told that there are too many open files. I am also being told I need to change a SAM file. Could some help me understand what a SAM files is and what it is used for. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristian
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

help on sam

hi, any idea how to get more info on the usage, unix equivalent of sam in hp-ux? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX Restricted SAM

I am having trouble getting restricted SAM to work by allocating Privileges to a "group". I can make it work by allocaing to the userid's, but would preferre to use the "group" option. Running B.11.11 Tried the following.... 1) Created a user group in /etc/group first 2) Used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrek
1 Replies

4. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies

6. Programming

C++ problem displaying parameters using dOxygen

I have written some C++ code with documentation code for dOxygen as below. However the parameters are not showing up. /// \file /// /// #ifndef __VECT2_HH__ #define __VECT2_HH__ #include <iostream> #include <assert.h> #include <cmath> #include "common.hh" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

HPUX 11.23 - Sam and Smh.

I've just been on an HP Training Course for HPUXv11.31 and found out about the gui / web for SMH. I never did a course on HP11v23. On our two servers here in the UK that run 11.23 I'm pretty sure that when I typed in "sam" on the command line it went to a sort of smh. (There was a message saying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markp1965
2 Replies
GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)

NAME
git-quiltimport - Applies a quilt patchset onto the current branch SYNOPSIS
git quiltimport [--dry-run | -n] [--author <author>] [--patches <dir>] DESCRIPTION
Applies a quilt patchset onto the current Git branch, preserving the patch boundaries, patch order, and patch descriptions present in the quilt patchset. For each patch the code attempts to extract the author from the patch description. If that fails it falls back to the author specified with --author. If the --author flag was not given the patch description is displayed and the user is asked to interactively enter the author of the patch. If a subject is not found in the patch description the patch name is preserved as the 1 line subject in the Git description. OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Walk through the patches in the series and warn if we cannot find all of the necessary information to commit a patch. At the time of this writing only missing author information is warned about. --author Author Name <Author Email> The author name and email address to use when no author information can be found in the patch description. --patches <dir> The directory to find the quilt patches and the quilt series file. The default for the patch directory is patches or the value of the $QUILT_PATCHES environment variable. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)