Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Outlook express
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Outlook express Post 32823 by Neo on Saturday 7th of December 2002 06:43:57 PM
Old 12-07-2002
Outlook express files are stored in different places based on the OS you are running (it is different in XP than Win98, for example)

BTW: This forum is for UNIX-DOS-WINDOWS interoperability issues, not pure WINDOWS questions.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

outlook error

Hi, i am getting the following error in outlook express. Can i know the reason for the same. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'bache_gowda@yahoo.com'. Subject '', Account: 'krishna.cymfony.com', Server:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outlook is getting hanged - sendmail

Hi, Problem with Sendmail When I receive the mail in my outlook, (sent using sendmail ) , Outlook is not working properly( its getting hanged).I am using the script which is available in this forum. The following are the headers that are getting generated . Sendmail is running on SunOS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
5 Replies

3. Solaris

outlook for unix?

Anyone know if you can download an outlook client to run on Unix? Company recently moved to outlook 2003 and I am wondering if I can install a client on my solaris 9 ultra 10 to access my internal mail.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Outlook Express

Awhile back I followed instructions in a newsletter (I don't remember which one) giving instructions on making Outlook Express very plain. Unfortunately I followed the instructions but did not make a note of the string. The last word was true. The instructions stated that if one wanted to return to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarilynNolan
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Outlook Express on Windows 2000

Does anyone know where Outlook Express on Windows 2000 store the e-mails? I know where it stores on Windows XP, but I need it for Windows 2000 regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to see attachment in outlook express sent by UUENCODE through unix script

Hi, I have written one script to send mail with attachment from my unix server, it is working fine, and i am capable to see the attachment in my lotus notes , but when i try to see the same thing in my outlook express ..it is completly garbaled. Please advise how to see proper attachment in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

MS Outlook + Win32::OLE

Hey guys, I'm trying to go through my emails in Outlook until I find an email with a certain subject line. I am able to send emails with no problem, but reading emails and their properties (From, Subject, etc.) is my main problem. Basically, I don't know where to start and using search engines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

8. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies
mcopy(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mcopy(1)

NAME
mcopy - mtools utility to copy DOS files to and from a UNIX operating system SYNOPSIS
mcopy [-mntv] sourcefile targetfile mcopy [-mntv] sourcefile [sourcefiles...] targetdirectory OPTIONS
Preserves the file modification time. Specifies that a warning is not issued when an existing file is specified as the target file. If this option is not specified, the mcopy command verifies whether or not to overwrite an existing file. Specifies a text file transfer. Line terminators are converted to the appropriate format. Specifies verbose mode. The new file name is displayed if the name supplied is invalid. DESCRIPTION
The mcopy command copies the specified file to the named file, or copies multiple files to the named directory. The specified files or directories can be either DOS or UNIX files. If the file is a text file line terminators are converted to the appropriate format. Using a drive letter designation on the DOS files such as 'a:' determines the direction of the transfer. A missing drive designation indi- cates a UNIX file whose path starts in the current directory. DOS subdirectory names that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command can be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to DOS), otherwise the default is A:. Not all UNIX file names are supported in the DOS world. The mcopy command may have to change UNIX names to fit the DOS file name conven- tions. The following table shows some examples of file name conversions: ----------------------------------------------- UNIX name DOS name Reason for the change ----------------------------------------------- thisisatest THISISAT file name too long file.stuff FILE.STU extension too long prn.txt XRN.TXT PRN is a device name .abc X.ABC null file name hot+cold HOTXCOLD illegal character ----------------------------------------------- RESTRICTIONS
The following restrictions exist: Omitting the destination directory is not supported. Using the plus (+) operator is not supported. Using a drive letter designation on DOS files is required with this command only, not with other mtools. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mcopy: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the cur- rent mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: dos2unix(1), mcd(1), mdiskcopy(1), mread(1), mtools(1), mwrite(1), unix2dos(1) mcopy(1)