Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't open CDROM drive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't open CDROM drive Post 32806 by LivinFree on Saturday 7th of December 2002 01:24:46 PM
Old 12-07-2002
What I was asking is this:
Where is the CD mounted? Where are you in the filesystem?

My point is, if the two directories above are the same, then you have to change directory to NOT be on the mount point (or below) of the CD rom... You're what's making the device busy...

And you could get lsof here:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/lsof/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost CDROM drive

I haven't used the cdrom (actually dvdrom) drive on my server in months. I put the dvd in the drive but can't see it. I did an: iostat -En but don't see anything that says cdrom or dvd, what could be the problem? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SF V210 CDROM drive auto eject!

Hi, When I insert a cd to CDROM drive in SF V210 Solaris 10 it took seconds then eject it auto! How can I solve this issue? Thanks Regards :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help transferring tar files from cdrom to hard drive

alright guys, this is a pretty noob question but I need a script that will take a tarred folder "Animals" from cd and copy and extract it to replace an existing folder on hard drive called "Animals". (to give us more variations for another program which we don't need to worry about here), take the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hootdocta5
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 9 not recognizing CDROM drive

Hello, I've read many posts that offer tips on how to mount a CDROM but I haven't seen any on how to get the system to recognize the CDROM drive. I was transferring files from CDROM to the hard drive successfully. I entered the third CDROM and the system refused to automount it. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrueSon
2 Replies

10. AIX

problem on sharing cdrom drive in AIX with linux

HI i have setuped a nfs between a AIX system and a linux os ,keeping AIX as sever i need to share the CDrom in AIX server with the linux operating system. ie. linux os machine does't have a cdrom . will i be able be share ..i tried a lot but it gives a message which resembles NFS access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguraja
3 Replies
mount_udfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    mount_udfs(1M)

NAME
mount_udfs - mount a udfs file system SYNOPSIS
mount -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] [-O] special mount_point mount -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] [-O] special | mount_point DESCRIPTION
The mount utility attaches a udfs file system to the file system hierarchy at the mount_point, which is the pathname of a directory. If mount_point has any contents prior to the mount operation, these are hidden until the file system is unmounted. If mount is invoked with either special or mount_point as the only arguments, mount searches /etc/vfstab to fill in the missing arguments, including the specific_options. See mount(1M). If special and mount_point are specified without any specific_options, the default is rw. If the directory on which a file system is to be mounted is a symbolic link, the file system is mounted on the directory to which the sym- bolic link refers, rather than on top of the symbolic link itself. OPTIONS
See mount(1M) for the list of supported generic_options. The following options are supported: -o specific_options Specify udfs file system specific options in a comma-separated list with no intervening spaces. The following spe- cific_options are available: m Mount the file system without making an entry in /etc/mnttab. remount Remount the file system as read-write. The option is used in conjunction with the rw option. A file system mounted read-only can be remounted as read-write. This option fails if the file system is not currently mounted. -O Overlay mount. Allow the file system to be mounted over an existing mount point, making the underlying file system inaccessible. If a mount is attempted on a pre-existing mount point without setting this flag, the mount fails, producing the error device busy. FILES
/etc/mnttab Table of mounted file systems /etc/vfstab List of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWudf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fsck_udfs(1M), mount(1M), mountall(1M), mount(2), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
not super user The command is run by a non-root user. Run as root. no such device The device name specified does not exist. not a directory The specified mount point is not a directory. is not an udfs file system The device specified does not contain a udf 1.50 file system or the udfs file system module is not available. is already mounted The specified device is already in use. not a block device The device specified is not a block device. Use block device to mount. write-protected The device is read-only. is corrupted. needs checking The file system is in an inconsistent state. Run fsck. NOTES
Copy-protected files can be stored on DVD-ROM media using Universal Disk Format (UDF). Reading these copy-protected files is not possible as this involves an authentication process. Unless an authentication process between the host and the drive is completed, reading these copy-protected files after mounting and before the authentication process, returns an error. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2003 mount_udfs(1M)