Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers oracle db on linux on intel 200 Post 32803 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 7th of December 2002 10:53:47 AM
Old 12-07-2002
i think it definetly would be feasable. expierence is what counts. though linux differs from other unix like os's, it definetly can give you a foundation to build on for learing all other os's. and if in the end you set up the whole thing, maybe you will use linux to run it, when its for real. and of course learning how to administer the database wil give you great expierence. you have nothing to lose, i say go for it.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how linux get install on intel as well as other processors.

I am beginner to os world. Is OS dependent on hardware()? i guess yes. then how linux get install on intel as well as other processors? Is there any unix os for intel processors? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2kris
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has anyone ever compiled Linux soley using the intel compilers

A while ago I heard that a group of people did this, but the internet changes, and I can no longer find the relevant sources or hearsay. Is this even possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surrealdeal
2 Replies
SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)