Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers oracle db on linux on intel 200 Post 32802 by yls177 on Saturday 7th of December 2002 10:23:59 AM
Old 12-07-2002
oracle db on linux on intel 200

hi all, i wanted to have a linux box. And then an oracle db running on it all on a intel 200mhz. the purpose is so that i can have real experience in administering the database and linux as well..

the main thought is that its fine if i crashed it as it will not hamper any business transactions... but i am not sure of its feasibility and the result of my growing experience out of it... therefore,

what do u think?
yls177

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how linux get install on intel as well as other processors.

I am beginner to os world. Is OS dependent on hardware()? i guess yes. then how linux get install on intel as well as other processors? Is there any unix os for intel processors? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2kris
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has anyone ever compiled Linux soley using the intel compilers

A while ago I heard that a group of people did this, but the internet changes, and I can no longer find the relevant sources or hearsay. Is this even possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surrealdeal
2 Replies
POWERTOP(8)							  powertop manual						       POWERTOP(8)

NAME
powertop - a power consumption and power management diagnosis tool. SYNOPSIS
powertop [ options ] DESCRIPTION
powertop is a program that helps to diagnose various issues with power consumption and power management. It also has an interactive mode allowing one to experiment with various power management settings. When invoking powertop without arguments powertop starts in interactive mode. OPTIONS
--csv[=FILENAME] generate a CSV report. If a filename is not specified then the default name "powertop.csv" is used. The CSV report can be used for reporting and data analysis. --calibrate runs powertop in calibration mode. When running on battery, powertop can track power consumption as well as system activity. When there are enough measurements, powertop can start to report power estimates. One can get more accurate estimates by using this option to enable a calibration cycle. This will cycle through various display levesl and USB device activities and workloads. --debug run in "debug" mode. --extech=devnode use the Extech Power Analyzer for measurements. This allows one to specify the serial device node of the serial to USB adaptor con- necting to the Extech Power Analyzer, for example /dev/ttyUSB0. --help show the help message. --html[=FILENAME] generate an HTML report. If a filename is not specified then the default name "powertop.html" is used. The HTML report can be sent to others to help diagnose power issues. --iteration[=iterations] number of times to run each test. --time[=seconds] generate a report for a specified number of seconds. --version print version information and exit. BUGS
Send bug reports to <powertop@lists.01.org> SEE ALSO
The program is more fully described at https://01.org/powertop AUTHOR
powertop was written by Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>, and is currently maintained by Chris E Ferron <chris.e.fer- ron@linux.intel.com>. Linux June 1, 2012 POWERTOP(8)