Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers changing root menu options on Redaht Post 32766 by LivinFree on Thursday 5th of December 2002 04:06:25 PM
Old 12-05-2002
What Redhat version are you using?
What desktop manager are you using? (Gnome, KDE, Bluecurve, etc...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Changing TCP/IP Options in SunOS

Due to some project requirement I am writing an application which uses Transport Layer Interface (TLI's) in Sun OS Release 5.8. The problem is in setting the tcp's TCP_KEEPIDLE or TCP_KEEPINTVL or TCP_NKEEP parameters by t_optmgmt ( ) function.I understand that in Sun OS these are referenced by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with menu options

I'm programming a menu for an intro to unix class and am hung up on 2 required options. One has to exit from unix. The other has to get a command prompt by using one of the menu choices, then return to the menu via CTRL-D. below is my code #!/bin/ksh #Jimmy's happy menu mesg y msg="ON"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanitywonko
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

menu.lst, boot options?

Hi all, I would like to have some details on menu.lst!! the reason is ,if i am trying to add my own boot option where do i need to add it? is it in menu.lst only or elsewere(am referring to unix os) because i tried adding a unique boot option and it was not reflected when the system booted?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Advanced Options Menu

I dual boot between Windows XP and Linux Mint. I am trying to get the Windows Advanced Options Menu to show up. Normally you would press f8 to make this happen when your computer is booting. With a dual boot it makes it way more complicated. If you press f8 when your computer first starts it does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl simple text menu with options

Hopefully I'm in the right place. Im new to the forums and linux! I'm looking to add a menu to my perl hangman game i have created. The menu will use user input for the desired option and then perform the operation indicated. I would like something along the lines of: Welcome to Hangman... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jahburmski
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu with sub-menu options

Hi! I have created on script which is working fine with menu options and with a sub-menu. I want to enhance it by using sub-options under menu options. Like. option 1) will give the list only. option 1.1) should give the option to user to choose one file, whose content user wanna see. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the menu options using shell script

I have a menu option which will look as follows Select a menu option 1.change password 2.login as root user 3.show system version 4.quit Select> 1 please enter the new password: unix reenter the new password: unix press any key to enter (then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies
ttk::menubutton(n)						 Tk Themed Widget						ttk::menubutton(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::menubutton - Widget that pops down a menu when pressed SYNOPSIS
ttk::menubutton pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::menubutton widget displays a textual label and/or image, and displays a menu when pressed. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -compound -cursor -image -state -style -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -width See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-direction direction] Specifies where the menu is to be popped up relative to the menubutton. One of: above, below, left, right, or flush. The default is below. flush pops the menu up directly over the menubutton. [-menu menu] Specifies the path name of the menu asso- ciated with the menubutton. To be on the safe side, the menu ought to be a direct child of the menubutton. WIDGET COMMAND
Menubutton widgets support the standard cget, configure, identify, instate, and state methods. No other widget methods are used. STANDARD STYLES
Ttk::menubutton widgets support the Toolbutton style in all standard themes, which is useful for creating widgets for toolbars. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), menu(n), menubutton(n) KEYWORDS
widget, button, menu Tk 8.5 ttk::menubutton(n)