Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers newbee - copy data from UNIX to Linux Post 3274 by steven5046 on Thursday 28th of June 2001 04:46:22 AM
Old 06-28-2001
Data newbee - copy data from UNIX to Linux

I have to setup a new server (linux) and I have to copy the data from the old unix system to the new one.

Can I access the unix data in dos?

Please help. I know little about linux and unix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

Where can i get a copy of Unix or Linux?

where can i get a free copy of unix? any kind... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregtampa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy data file from UNIX and put it on PC

Hello, My customer wants me to copy a data file from his UNIX box, and transfer to windows basic PC. My question is how can I find the file in UNIX box, copy it out into DOS/Windows format. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillyT
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy data from Windows to Unix any help?

I have a log file that I would like to copy from my windows pc to my unix pc for further processuon. Is there any command that can help me perform this task?. I already have a cron to fire up the process, but nothing seems to be coming up. I am trying to use ftp but nothing is coming forth.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Newbee :-)

Hi , i have jus started learning basics of unix .I have few queries : 1) what is meant by unix box server? 2) what is the difference between unix and linux (is it jus x-windows graphical system or is there anything more than that?) 3) Can i get any free download of unix so that i cud... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbee lost in unix land

I am writing a shell script and I am calling wc -l. I need to assign the results of this call to a varaible and it's not working the way I think it should: xx= wc -l $1 What am I doing wrong? Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dortoh
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy folder and its contents from HP Unix server to RH Linux

I am trying to copy a folder and all its contents from HP Unix box to RH linux, using the following. rsync -avz -e "ssh" /users/www/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry ftpuser@10.4.xxx.yz:/data/webroot/development/contentfiles/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry/QAfiles And it throws a consistent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FanTom
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy data from tape in unix

Dear sir/madam Could you tell me how to copy or get data from tape to any folder in unix? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyha_moth
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy jailed data SSH Centos from one Linux server to another

Hello to all the experts around here. I need to be able to create a script which will be copying all the data from each user account's jail home folder (SFTPWRITE) on one Centos 7 server to antother Centos 7 server. Both of the Centos servers are using Chroot jail where each account logs in to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nreznik
2 Replies
UML_SWITCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     UML_SWITCH(1)

NAME
uml_switch -- switch daemon for user-mode Linux SYNOPSIS
uml_switch [-unix control_socket data_socket] [-hub] [-tap tun device] [-compat-v0] [-daemon] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the uml_switch program. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. uml_switch is a daemon for managing a virtual network between user-mode Linux systems, with no connection to the host system's network. It will listen for connections on a pair of UNIX domain sockets, and forward packets between clients which connect to them. OPTIONS
-unix control_socket data_socket Listen on the specified pair of sockets, instead of the defaults. -hub Act like a hub. This means that packets received will be broadcast over all virtual links. The default is to act as a switch, where packets are only sent to the link matching the destination MAC address of the packet. -tap tap device Connect the switch to a dynamically created tap device on the host -compat-v0 Specify control protocol version 0 compatibility. -daemon Run in the background as a daemon. SEE ALSO
linux(1) The UserModeLinux-HOWTO (link to URL http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/UserModeLinux-HOWTO.html) AUTHOR
uml_switch was written by Jeff Dike and others. This manual page was written by Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. UML_SWITCH(1)