Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Epoch problem
Top Forums Programming Epoch problem Post 3268 by vsomanchi on Wednesday 27th of June 2001 11:53:49 PM
Old 06-28-2001
MySQL

Thanks for the help. I will post the results ASAP--Vijay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epoch

Hi all, i am trying to figure out how i can get a 'Nix box to display epoch time. Is there a command to do this? Do I know what I am talking about or am I an Idiot? Wait dont answer that last question!!!!! Thanx in advance!!!:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bodhi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch time

Guys, i have a question... I have 2 sets of data say "a" and "a+1" which has values in epoch time.. Question is... if i were to get the time difference where diff = "a+1" - "a" can i convert it back to real time duration after the subtraction... OR i need to convert em first before i do the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch time

Hi, i need to convert below date/time format into epoch time YYYY-m-d H:M below the example: a=`date +"%F %H:%M"` echo $a Convert $a to epoch time ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lets take an example if $a=1.03 here i want the epoch time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

epoch 1234567890

unix epoch time 1234567890 = Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 GMT Any geek parties happening in celebration? :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch conversion

I need to convert an epoch time from a file into a standard UTC time and output it in the same format but I'm not sure what's the best approach here's the input file and the bold part is what I need to convert. 1,1,"sys1",60,300000 2,"E:",286511144960 3,1251194521,"E:",0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satchy321
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date to epoch problem

Hi all! I have a "simple" problem: I want to convert a date and time string (YYYYMMDDhhmmss) to epoch (unix time) in a shellscript. I want to use the "date/time" string as an input to the script, eg: scriptname.sh 20090918231000 and get the epoch format echoed out. Is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: condmaster
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch time

Hi all, I got a file with epoch times like this. 1264010700 1264097400 1263529800 1263762900 1263924300 What I want. I want all epoch times which are > current epoch time written to a file. So everything that is < will be ignored and not written to the file. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Date to epoch problem

Hi all, In terminal when I enter: date -j -f date -j -f "%Y/%m/%d %T" "2011/09/30 13:00:00" +"%s" The output is: When I put 2011/09/30 in var A, and I subsequently enter: date -j -f date -j -f "%Y/%m/%d %T" "${A} 13:00:00" +"%s" The output is: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosthated
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch in Perl

Hi, Can anybody tell me how time is calculated in the below or what is actually being done here? Also can you explain in simple words about epoch time and why it is used? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with epoch time

Hi All, I have a weird problem. I have a session log which is in .bin format. I am converting the .bin file to xml format using Informatica(it is an ETL tool) and unix functionality called "convertLogFiles" . All this is working fine. The session log has a date column. After converting the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galaxy_rocky
3 Replies
TFTP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 TFTP(3pm)

NAME
Net::TFTP - TFTP Client class SYNOPSIS
use Net::TFTP; $tftp = Net::TFTP->new("some.host.name", BlockSize => 1024); $tftp->ascii; $tftp->get("remotefile", "localfile"); $tftp->get("remotefile", *STDOUT); $fh = $tftp->get("remotefile"); $tftp->binary; $tftp->put("localfile", "remotefile"); $tftp->put(*STDOUT, "remotefile"); $fh = $tftp->put("remotefile"); $err = $tftp->error DESCRIPTION
"Net::TFTP" is a class implementing a simple Trivial File Transfer Protocol client in Perl as described in RFC1350. "Net::TFTP" also supports the TFTP Option Extension (as described in RFC2347), with the following options RFC2348 Blocksize Option CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ HOST ] [, OPTIONS ]) Create a new Net::TFTP object where HOST is the default host to connect to and OPTIONS are the default transfer options. Valid options are Option Description Default ------ ----------- ------- Timeout Timeout in seconds before retry 5 Retries Maximum number of retries 5 Port Port to send data to 69 Mode Mode to transfer data in, "octet" or "netascii" "netascii" BlockSize Negotiate size of blocks to use in the transfer 512 IpMode Indicates whether to operate in IPv6 mode "v4" METHODS
get ( REMOTE_FILE [, LOCAL ] [, OPTIONS ]) Get REMOTE_FILE from the server. OPTIONS can be any that are accepted by "new" plus the following Host Override default host If the LOCAL option is missing the get will return a filehandle. This filehandle must be read ASAP as the server will otherwise timeout. If the LOCAL option is given then it can be a file name or a reference. If it is a reference it is assumed to be a reference that is valid as a filehandle. "get" will return true if the transfer is successful and undef otherwise. Valid filehandles are o A sub-class of IO::Handle o A tied filehandle o A GLOB reference (eg "*STDOUT") put ( [ LOCAL, ] REMOTE_FILE [, OPTIONS]) Put a file to the server as REMOTE_FILE. OPTIONS can be any that are accepted by "new" plus the following Host Override default host If the LOCAL option is missing the put will return a filehandle. This filehandle must be written to ASAP as the server will otherwise timeout. If the LOCAL option is given then it can be a file name or a reference. If it is a reference it is assumed to be a valid filehandle as described above. "put" will return true if the transfer is successful and undef otherwise. error If there was an error then this method will return an error string. host ( [ HOST ] ) timeout ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) port ( [ PORT ] ) mode ( [ MODE ] ) retries ( [ VALUE ] ) block_size ( [ VALUE ] ) debug ( [ VALUE ] ) Set or get the values for the various options. If an argument is passed then a new value is set for that option and the previous value returned. If no value is passed then the current value is returned. ip_mode ( [ VALUE ] ) Set or get which verion of IP to use ("v4" or "v6") ascii netascii Set the transfer mode to "netascii" binary octet Set the transfer mode to "octet" AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1998,2007 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-11-25 TFTP(3pm)