Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ROM Rev upgrade?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ROM Rev upgrade? Post 32679 by andrec on Tuesday 3rd of December 2002 09:31:00 PM
Old 12-03-2002
Question ROM Rev upgrade?

hi all,

I have a sparc5 with ROM Rev 2.15. Is it possible to upgrade to a higher rev?

Thanks in advance.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Lenny upgrade and my CD-ROM...

I recently upgraded from Etch to Lenny. There were a few hiccoughs, but I was able to sort most of these out myself. There is just one little niggle left that I have no idea how to go about fixing. My CD-ROM now ejects on boot, and will not stay closed. When I boot the system, I notice that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

2. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

3. IP Networking

ddns-rev-domainname being created wrong.

Greetings all, I have been battling with this problem for some time now, and I am not sure if I am just not seeing the obvious anymore or have made a stupid mistake, but I just can seem to get the reverse address in my network to run the right way. Short description of my network: I have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adesso
3 Replies
cdxar(1)						      General Commands Manual							  cdxar(1)

NAME
cdxar - Read the Extended Attribute Record from a CD-ROM SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/cdxar [-s number] [-b] file OPTIONS
Specifies the File Section for which the XAR is to be read. The numbering starts with one and number can be any whole number. If this option is not used, the last file section of the named file is assumed. Copies the entire XAR from a CD-ROM in binary format to standard output. Names a file or directory within the CD-ROM file hierarchy of a mounted CD-ROM File System. DESCRIPTION
The cdxar command accesses the Extended Attribute Record (XAR) associated with the File Section of a file or directory and lists its con- tents on standard output. The output is formatted in a table that contains the name of each field of the XAR and the corresponding contents of the entry as recorded on the CD-ROM. Note that the Application Use Field and the Escape Sequences are not listed because they may contain non-printable charac- ters. If the command is used without the -b option, only the fixed part of the XAR is copied from the CD-ROM. Users must have read permission for file in order to execute the command. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: The command was successful. The named file was not found, or was not within the CD-ROM hierarchy, or access permission was denied. The File Section indicated by -s does not exist. The File Section indicated by -s has no XAR. The File Section indicated by -s is not on the mounted CD-ROM. SEE ALSO
Functions: cd_cxar(3), cd_xar(3) cdxar(1)