Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HTML-CGI on Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HTML-CGI on Unix Post 32663 by sstevens on Tuesday 3rd of December 2002 12:33:33 PM
Old 12-03-2002
Sorry I didn't respond for so long, I was temporarily moved to a different project. Coming back to this question I realize this was horribly written, and it isn't even what I really need to accomplish. If you care, here is my problem:

I need to execute a cgi at a certain time everyday using a cron, but there are two major problems. This cgi is on a site that's being hosted by another company, even though we do all of the code for it. So not only is it on a different server, I also need to send variables to it. I can't seem to find anyway to do this without using html.

Thanks a lot for your help so far! I hope this one makes sense.

Last edited by sstevens; 12-03-2002 at 01:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX CGI script

Hey everyone! I hope someone here is good with Unix CGI scripts. I'm having trouble with my CGI. Here's the deal I've created a program that searches the passwd file and cuts the users real name when it's given the login name. When i converted it to CGI i ran into some problems: 1) when you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML form to cgi help

I wrote a script to automate user account verification against peoplesoft. Now I want to make it available to my peers via the web. It is running on Solaris. I have the form written, but am not sure how to make it work. I think the form should call a perl cgi when submitted. The cgi should call... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

html - df -k cgi script

Hey - I am new to cgi scripting... just writing a script to output df -k output to html page... but I cannot get the df lines on separate lines on the page, it all comes out on one line and is not very readable.. any suggestions? My script is below - please keep in mind I am only new to it so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to echo a html file

Hi, I'm learning some simple cgi scripting. I can make a script like this, so my browser shows "Hello World" /www/cgi-bin/name.sh --- #!/bin/sh MyName=World echo "<html> Hello $MyName </html>" --- What I'd like is to have a separate html and script files in the cgi folder so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Performer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass data from server (CGI script) to client (html page)

Hi I know how to pass data from client side (html file) to server using CGI script (POST method). I also know how to re-create the html page from server side after receiving the data (using printf). However I want to write static pages on client side (only the structure), and only to pass... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamabm
0 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

execute shell script using CGI for html site

hi there im currently in the process of creating a website for use basically within our org. im using a os x machine and installed MAMP - which includes Apache, mysql... the site will be used by techs to primarily install pkgs files onto os x devices. i would like to have buttons or hyperlinks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheshe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command through html+cgi in bash

Hi everyone, I want to kill process through the web, so I create html page with single bottom that run kill command in shell script with CGI. Here is html code: <td><form METHOD="GET" action="http://IP:port/cgi_bin/script.cgi" > <input type="submit" value= "Submit" > <INPUT name="q"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
UPSSTATS.CGI(8) 						    NUT Manual							   UPSSTATS.CGI(8)

NAME
upsstats.cgi - Web-based UPS status viewer SYNOPSIS
upsstats.cgi Note As a CGI program, this should be invoked through your web server. If you run it from the command line, it will either complain about unauthorized access or spew a bunch of HTML at you. DESCRIPTION
upsstats.cgi uses template files to build web pages containing status information from UPS hardware. It can repeat sections of those template files to monitor several UPSes simultaneously, or focus on a single UPS. These templates can also include references to upsimage.cgi(8) for graphical displays of battery charge levels, voltage readings, and the UPS load. ACCESS CONTROL
upsstats will only talk to upsd(8) servers that have been defined in your hosts.conf(5). If it complains that "Access to that host is not authorized", check that file first. TEMPLATES
The web page that is displayed is actually a template containing commands to upsstats which are replaced by status information. The default file used for the overview is upsstats.html. When monitoring a single UPS, the file displayed is upsstats-single.html. The format of these files, including the possible commands, is documented in upsstats.html(5). FILES
hosts.conf(5), upsstats.html(5), upsstats-single.html SEE ALSO
upsimage.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSTATS.CGI(8)