Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paranoid about hackers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paranoid about hackers Post 32627 by skotapal on Monday 2nd of December 2002 05:13:16 PM
Old 12-02-2002
The /etc/syslog.conf file has kern.* directed to /dev/console

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies
sysmsg(7D)							      Devices								sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)