Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paranoid about hackers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paranoid about hackers Post 32623 by LivinFree on Monday 2nd of December 2002 04:26:41 PM
Old 12-02-2002
That's set in your syslog.conf file - it's in the /etc directory if you have a Linux box. Look for entries sent to "console".

If it's modprobe looking for a module that doesn't exist, it may be caused by anything from KDE trying to use sound drivers on a system with no sound support to an invalid filesystem type when mounting.

I usually only send *.emerg and *.crit to console, and just review the logs at a later time.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies
GSSAPI::OID(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    GSSAPI::OID(3)

NAME
GSSAPI::OID - methods for handling GSSAPI OIDs and some constant OIDs SYNOPSIS
use GSSAPI; #$oid = GSSAPI::OID->new; # rarely needed or wanted $status = GSSAPI::OID->from_str($oid, "{ 1 2 840 113554 1 2 1 1 }"); # # only supported on MIT Kerberos # $status = $oid->to_str($str); # # only supported on MIT Kerberos # $status = $oid->inquire_names($oidset); # Constant OIDs provided: $oid = gss_nt_user_name; $oid = gss_nt_machine_uid_name; $oid = gss_nt_string_uid_name; $oid = gss_nt_service_name; $oid = gss_nt_exported_name; $oid = gss_nt_service_name_v2; $oid = gss_nt_krb5_name; $oid = gss_nt_krb5_principal; $oid = gss_mech_krb5; $oid = gss_mech_krb5_old; $oid = gss_mech_krb5_v2; $oid = gss_mech_spnego; # if your GSSAPI implementation supports # SPNEGO (Heimdal 0.7 for example # you can use mechtype OID::gss_mech_spnego. # # use GSSAPI::indicate_mechs( $oidset ); # to get the of mechtypes your implementation supports $oid = gss_nt_hostbased_service; # GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE DESCRIPTION
"GSSAPI::OID" objects are used as unique indentifiers/constants for 'mechanisisms' -- the particular protocol and version being used -- and for the encodings used to represent names. In many cases you can request the default mechanism or encoding for the implmentation by using GSS_C_NO_OID. Check the description of the routine in rfc2743 if you're not sure. AUTHOR
maintained by Achim Grolms <perl@grolmsnet.de> originally written by Philip Guenther <pguen@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
perl(1) GSSAPI(3p) GSSAPI::OID::Set(3p) RFC2743 perl v5.18.2 2008-02-02 GSSAPI::OID(3)