Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about SH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about SH Post 32550 by Ralf on Friday 29th of November 2002 07:13:44 AM
Old 11-29-2002
You should use functions in your shell script.

Oh and it is good pratice to give exit statements a value.

i.e.
Code:
# My Function
GetStation ()
{
  sleep 1 
  date=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` 
  clear 
  echo "Please enter your station #\n" 
  read station 
  if [ "$station" = "exit" ]; then 
    exit 3  
  fi
}

# Main code
GetStation

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv question

Hello if I like to move file from defined directories system to new directory that not contained any directories system structure . But I like to create the same file system structure as source directory for example : I have 2 directories: foo1 and foo2 foo1 have directories and foo2 have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
STRUCT 
IEEE80211_STA(9) Advanced driver interface STRUCT IEEE80211_STA(9) NAME
struct_ieee80211_sta - station table entry SYNOPSIS
struct ieee80211_sta { u32 supp_rates[IEEE80211_NUM_BANDS]; u8 addr[ETH_ALEN]; u16 aid; struct ieee80211_sta_ht_cap ht_cap; struct ieee80211_sta_vht_cap vht_cap; bool wme; u8 uapsd_queues; u8 max_sp; u8 rx_nss; enum ieee80211_sta_rx_bandwidth bandwidth; enum ieee80211_smps_mode smps_mode; u8 drv_priv[0]; }; MEMBERS
supp_rates[IEEE80211_NUM_BANDS] Bitmap of supported rates (per band) addr[ETH_ALEN] MAC address aid AID we assigned to the station if we're an AP ht_cap HT capabilities of this STA; restricted to our own capabilities vht_cap VHT capabilities of this STA; restricted to our own capabilities wme indicates whether the STA supports WME. Only valid during AP-mode. uapsd_queues bitmap of queues configured for uapsd. Only valid if wme is supported. max_sp max Service Period. Only valid if wme is supported. rx_nss in HT/VHT, the maximum number of spatial streams the station can receive at the moment, changed by operating mode notifications and capabilities. The value is only valid after the station moves to associated state. bandwidth current bandwidth the station can receive with smps_mode current SMPS mode (off, static or dynamic) drv_priv[0] data area for driver use, will always be aligned to sizeof(void *), size is determined in hw information. DESCRIPTION
A station table entry represents a station we are possibly communicating with. Since stations are RCU-managed in mac80211, any ieee80211_sta pointer you get access to must either be protected by rcu_read_lock explicitly or implicitly, or you must take good care to not use such a pointer after a call to your sta_remove callback that removed it. AUTHOR
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 STRUCT IEEE80211_STA(9)