Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking same old, same old - and iptables problem Post 32548 by sam_pointer on Friday 29th of November 2002 06:53:08 AM
Old 11-29-2002
Thanks - I'll try adding some manual rules and see if that works; if so I'll abandon iptables-restore/save and create my own script
./Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH Problem auth problem

Hi, Just recently we seem to be getting the following error message relating to SSH when we run the UNIX script in background mode: warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation.^M warning: Authentication failed.^M Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budrito
1 Replies

2. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

4. Linux

iptables rule problem

Hi, i have 40 client's in my network, that connected to internet via squid server (WebProxy). i want none of these client can't ping my squid server bat squid server can ping them.i wrote these rules but it is'nt work. iptables -P INPUT DROP iptables -P OUTPUT DROP iptables -A INPUT -p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

iptables problem with ftp

I have a pretty stock iptables script. One rule allows active ftp from an outside IP address. To troubleshoot it, I opened up ftp to all connections from the outside. When a user outside our domain connects via FTP, they are denied. If I flush the rules, the ftp takes place successfully. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with iptables while doing tftp.

Hi all, I have a problem. I have iptables enabled in my ubuntu system on which tftp server is configured. Now when I try to do a tftpget from another ubuntu 32-bit machine, file transfer is not happening. But, when iptables are disabled, everything is fine. I heard that some ip_conntrack module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables problem

Hallo I have a configuration problem. I my ubuntu server (with iptables) I have 3 interfaces (ip ending with 1) I have a private network ETH2à192.168.238.0/24 a DMZ: ETH1à192.168.238.0/24 and an external interface (eth 0 -->10.20.4.0/23) im my dmz I have a webserver (192.168.238.2) How can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarto76
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies

10. IP Networking

Router problem or ISP problem ?

Hi everyone, I am experiencing discontinuity of Internet service, this started 1 month ago. Everything worked very well for 1 year of intensive use, but now, I have problems reaching my gateway. The gateway is not my router but a node belonging to my ISP and I share the same public IP with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: remic
3 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)