Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: suse linux 6.4-8.1
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers suse linux 6.4-8.1 Post 32517 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 27th of November 2002 10:33:25 PM
Old 11-27-2002
suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom. when i try to change it to ftp it goes fine, and its the right server and directory. yast does a check to login and that the directory has the correct files, and everything goes fine. so when i select OK to change my installation source, it logs in to the ftp server and gives me this error:
550 failed to open file.
File not found on server.
Abort

then disconnects. so obviously theres a file that yast is looking for but does not exist. is my 6.4 just too old to update from yast to 8.1? ive looked on the suse website and all the links i can find for updating the system is from 7.0 and on. so if anyone can help itll be very apprieciated. thanks!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Hardening

We've got a FTP server that's open to the public network and its running on Suse SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 Now, since it's an FTP server I can't disable that service, but how else do I harden this server from attacks from outside? I am thinking of disabling the firewall and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies
IFCFG(5)						       Network configuration							  IFCFG(5)

NAME
ifcfg-wireless - wireless LAN network interface configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan-* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-type-wlan GENERAL
Wireless networks need some additional configuration data compared to ethernet ones. Therefore additional variables for ifcfg files were introduced. All wireless LAN specific variables are described in the ifcfg template file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg.template. It is pos- sible to configure more than one wireless network accepted for association. To achieve this add suffix _1 to all wireless variables for the second network, _2 for the this, and so on. Example: WIRELESS_ESSID_1="second_net" You can have up to ten wireless networks configured. Some wireless variables are not applicable to a single wireless network but are global to the interface. The description of the variable points this out. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> -- ifup script Michal Svec <msvec@suse.cz> -- ifup script Bjoern Jacke -- ifup script Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@suse.de> -- ifup manual page Michal Ludvig <mludvig@suse.cz> -- tunnel support Joachim Gleissner <jg@suse.de> -- wireless support SEE ALSO
ifup(8). sysconfig December 2005 IFCFG(5)