Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lpsched signals
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users lpsched signals Post 32498 by Perderabo on Wednesday 27th of November 2002 11:22:29 AM
Old 11-27-2002
Then change the model script to call a wrapper script. The wrapper script will run your capture program. When the capture program fishishes, the wrapper will look to see who its parent is. If it is still the model script, it just returns the return code from the capture program. But if it is init, it takes some special action. Maybe it removes the file that capture program just posted. Or maybe it cancels the current print job. Or maybe it searches the spool directory and removes all traces of the job. You need to bang on it until it starts working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Signals In HP-UX

does the way of handling, interrupting signals in HP-UX same as that of solaris. If there is difference than what it is.?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lpsched does not start

hi i am using a Unixware 2.1 os. last day system hanged up and restarted. now lpsched does not start. lpNet log file says: starting lpNet Parent error: class= Fatal, type= Unix, trace= (lpNetParent/MountPipe)), Too many symoblic links in path name traversal. abnormal process termination. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilverma_udr
0 Replies

3. Solaris

lpsched problem with Solaris 10

:confused: Dear All, Was wondering if I can get any help on Solaris 10 here.. I have a issue with lpsched service, when I am sending any print jobs. the following is the error UX:lpstat: ERROR: Can't send message to the LP print service. TO FIX: The LP print service apparently has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapna
2 Replies

4. AIX

lpsched problem

Hi everyone, I have a problem with lpsched on an AIX 5.1 machine. the lpsched process is terminating as soon as it starts, if i do the command: /usr/lib/lp/lpsched I get the output: UX:lpsched: INFO: Print services started. However if i look in the /var/lp/logs/lpsched log file i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbonevia
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Lpsched Problems

We have a total of 51 lpsched daemons running. I just have a feeling that is way too much print daemons. root 16570 21343 0 08:57:06 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/lpsched root 21357 21343 0 08:13:33 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/lpsched root 21377 21343 0 08:13:33 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/lpsched ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

7. Programming

Using Signals

How can use signals in a C program If i want a child program to signal it's parent program that it(child) program has completed the task that it was assigned.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pending signals

I was wondering about following. If I have set of 3 signals. And they are all blocked.Now at some point in the program the set is unblocked. Which signal will be delivered first.This is my set....SIGTSTP,SIGQUIT,SIGINT.When I added them in the set and unblock them I did it in following order... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joker40
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Signals

Hi All, The problem statement is as below: Problem: A process (exe) is getting executed in background. The output of this process is getting logged in a file. After successfully running for some time the process gets terminated. In the log file following is present: ^M[7m Interrupt ^M[27m... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praty.27
8 Replies
ALE(1)                                                                                                                                      ALE(1)

NAME
ale - a synthetic capture engine and renderer SYNOPSIS
ale [OPTIONS] original-frame [supplemental-frames ...] output-file ale [HELP OPTIONS] ale --version DESCRIPTION
ALE is a free software synthetic capture engine and renderer accepting, as input, a sequence of image frames, and producing, as output, rendered images, registration data, and 3D models (currently experimental). EXAMPLES
ale --hu Print the help page on program usage. ale 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.ppm Render output file out.ppm from inputs 001.ppm, 002.ppm, and 003.ppm. ale --scale 2 001.ppm 002.ppm 003.ppm out.png Render output file out.png at 2x scale. ale --perturb-upper=0 --trans-load=a.t --projective frame*.png out.png Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using projective transformations as described in the file a.t. ale --3dv 0 out.png --projective frame*.png null: Render output file out.png from inputs frame*.png, using a 3D scene model to determine transformations. ale --visp last:sinc*lanc:6 sf:0 out/ .jpg in/*.jpg null: Render a video stream from files in/*.jpg to the directory out/, stabilizing to the first frame, with a lanczos-windowed sinc filter. USAGE
ale is a wrapper script that calls the executable ale-bin after extracting exposure EXIF information from image files (when the exiftool utility is available) and converting from raw formats (when the dcraw utility is available). When ale-bin has been linked with ImageMagick, input and output files may be of any kind supported by ImageMagick. Otherwise, only PPM files can be read and written by ale-bin. OPTIONS
OPTIONS are summarized via built-in help pages (see HELP OPTIONS below). More detailed manuals describing options and internal algorithms are available for certain versions of ALE. See SEE ALSO below for more details on other manuals. HELP OPTIONS
A listing of available help options can be obtained by invoking ale --hu. ENVIRONMENT
The wrapper script ale recognizes the following environment variables: ALE_BIN ALE executable to use. DCRAW dcraw raw extraction tool to use. EXIF_UTILITY EXIF extraction utility to use. ALE_COUNT_THREADS Displays statistics on thread counts when set to a non-zero value. PAGER Text pager to use (e.g., for displaying help pages). SEE ALSO
More detailed manuals for certain versions of ALE are distributed with source packages, and may also be available from: http://auricle.dyndns.org/ALE/manuals/ 03/31/2009 ALE(1)