Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep something to find which files, lines contain something Post 32440 by Ralf on Tuesday 26th of November 2002 06:18:56 AM
Old 11-26-2002
Humm.... I was under the impression that Grep worked the same under any flavour of Unix ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find all common lines from 'n' no. of files

Hi, I have one situation. I have some 6-7 no. of files in one directory & I have to extract all the lines which exist in all these files. means I need to extract all common lines from all these files & put them in a separate file. Please help. I know it could be done with the help of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep: get last 3 lines containing PATTERN from many files

Hi all, I am looking for a quick solution for this: I have many log files of an iterative program, and I would like to display the parameters of the last three iteration from each of those files. Relevant lines have the keyword: ITER I am using: tac ~/modeling*/fitting.log | grep -m 3 -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnemeth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep from multiple lines in several gz files

Hello all, I have been struggling to get grep work to my requirements. Basically I have to filter out patterns spread across multiple lines over hundreds of .gz files in a folder. And the output needs to be piped to a file. Here is the example: folder name: logs files in this folder:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandhan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines for a specific date in log-files

I need to grep all lines for "yesterday" in /var/log/messages. Dates are in the format "YYYY-MM-DD". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to find lines matching given patern in a file

When I try with patern matching in a file with below code works cat scj_drive_commands | egrep '/app/oracle/build_lib/pkg32|/app/oracle/build_lib/pkg33' But when I have code with patern searching using of below does not work ! cat scj_drive_commands | egrep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

General find /grep question: files with lines ending in r

I am trying to find files that have lines in them that end in an r. I have been able to locate files by using the following command: find . -type f -name "*RECORDS"| xargs grep -l r$ However, I now want to find files that don't end in r anywhere. That means that no sentences or lines in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files containing two specific lines and delate those lines?

Hi I need to find files in a specified folder where are two specified lines of text and delate that lines. It looks like this" 35. ?>NL 36. <iframe>.......</iframe>NLThe problem is that "?>" is in the other lines and id should not be removed if the next line is not like "<iframe>....." So... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: androwida
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern; grep n lines before and after

Hi, I need help to grep a specific part of a log file (bold). 24/2/2017-16:57:17.056 frosti-1 M3UA-Tx: } 24/2/2017-16:57:17.056 frosti-1 M3UA-Tx: extensionContainer <Not Present> 24/2/2017-16:57:17.056... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find=grep or maybe sed/awk for multiple lines of text?

Hi, I am running the following: PASS="username/password" sqlplus -s << EOF | grep -v "^$" $PASS set feedback off set heading off set termout off select name from v\$database ; exit EOF Which gives ERROR: ORA-28002: the password will expire within 5 days PSMP1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
POE::Filter::Stackable(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       POE::Filter::Stackable(3pm)

NAME
POE::Filter::Stackable - combine multiple POE::Filter objects SYNOPSIS
#!perl use POE qw( Wheel::FollowTail Filter::Line Filter::Grep Filter::Stackable ); POE::Session->create( inline_states => { _start => sub { my $parse_input_as_lines = POE::Filter::Line->new(); my $select_sudo_log_lines = POE::Filter::Grep->new( Put => sub { 1 }, Get => sub { my $input = shift; return $input =~ /sudo[d+]/i; }, ); my $filter_stack = POE::Filter::Stackable->new( Filters => [ $parse_input_as_lines, # first on get, last on put $select_sudo_log_lines, # first on put, last on get ] ); $_[HEAP]{tailor} = POE::Wheel::FollowTail->new( Filename => "/var/log/system.log", InputEvent => "got_log_line", Filter => $filter_stack, ); }, got_log_line => sub { print "Log: $_[ARG0] "; } } ); POE::Kernel->run(); exit; DESCRIPTION
POE::Filter::Stackable combines multiple filters together in such a way that they appear to be a single filter. All the usual POE::Filter methods work, but data is secretly passed through the stacked filters before it is returned. POE::Wheel objects and stand-alone programs need no modifications to work with a filter stack. In the "SYNOPSIS", POE::Filter::Line and POE::Filter::Grep are combined into one filter that only returns a particular kind of line. This can be more efficient than filtering lines in application space, as fewer events may need to be dispatched and handled. Internally, filters are stored in an array. Data added by get_one_start() will flow through the filter array in increasing index order. Filter #0 will have first crack at it, followed by filter #1 and so. The get_one() call will return an item after it has passed through the last filter. put() passes data through the filters in descending index order. Data will go through the filter with the highest index first, and put() will return the results after data has passed through filter #0. PUBLIC FILTER METHODS
In addition to the usual POE::Filter methods, POE::Filter::Stackable also supports the following. new By default, new() creates an empty filter stack that behaves like POE::Filter::Stream. It may be given optional parameters to initialize the stack with an array of filters. my $sudo_lines = POE::Filter::Stackable->new( Filters => [ POE::Filter::Line->new(), POE::Filter::Grep->new( Put => sub { 1 }, # put all items Get => sub { shift() =~ /sudo[d+]/i }, ), ] ); pop Behaves like Perl's built-in pop() for the filter stack. The highest-indexed filter is removed from the stack and returned. Any data remaining in the filter's input buffer is lost, but an application may always call "get_pending" in POE::Filter on the returned filter. my $last_filter = $stackable->pop(); my $last_buffer = $last_filter->get_pending(); shift Behaves like Perl's built-in shift() for the filter stack. The 0th filter is removed from the stack and returned. Any data remaining in the filter's input buffer is passed to the new head of the stack, or it is lost if the stack becomes empty. An application may also call "get_pending" in POE::Filter on the returned filter to examine the filter's input buffer. my $first_filter = $stackable->shift(); my $first_buffer = $first_filter->get_pending(); push FILTER[, FILTER] push() adds one or more new FILTERs to the end of the stack. The newly pushed FILTERs will process input last, and they will handle output first. # Reverse data read through the stack. # rot13 encode data sent through the stack. $stackable->push( POE::Filter::Map->( Get => sub { return scalar reverse shift() }, Put => sub { local $_ = shift(); tr[a-zA-Z][n-za-mN-ZA-M]; $_ }, ) ); unshift FILTER[, FILTER] unshift() adds one or more new FILTERs to the beginning of the stack. The newly unshifted FILTERs will process input first, and they will handle output last. filters filters() returns a list of the filters inside the Stackable filter, in the stack's native order. Calling "<$filter_stack-"filters()>> in the "SYNOPSIS" would return a list of two filter objects: POE::Filter::Line=ARRAY(0x8b5ee0) POE::Filter::Grep=ARRAY(0x8b5f7c) filter_types filter_types() returns a list of class names for each filter in the stack, in the stack's native order. Calling "<$filter_stack-"filter_types()>> in the "SYNOPSIS" would return a list of two class names: POE::FIlter::Line POE::Filter::Grep It could easily be replaced by: my @filter_types = map { ref } $filter_stack->filters; SEE ALSO
POE::Filter for more information about filters in general. Specific filters, amongst which are: POE::Filter::Block, POE::Filter::Grep, POE::Filter::HTTPD, POE::Filter::Line, POE::Filter::Map, POE::Filter::RecordBlock, POE::Filter::Reference, POE::Filter::Stream BUGS
None currently known. AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS The Stackable filter was contributed by Dieter Pearcey. Documentation provided by Rocco Caputo. Please see the POE manpage for more information about authors and contributors. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-15 POE::Filter::Stackable(3pm)